small base die

Doug Casner

Got a 88 and 100 win. Im goin to load a few reloads for them. Sinclair has a small base body die for a .284 their kinda hard to find. Will that resize them enough to work in that auto and lever? Ive got small base dies for other autos but not small base body dies. will a body die push the shoulder back? About the time I think Ive got it figured out something else comes up. I guess that's what makes it so interesting.

Got a 88 and 100 win. Im goin to load a few reloads for them. Sinclair has a small base body die for a .284 their kinda hard to find. Will that resize them enough to work in that auto and lever? Ive got small base dies for other autos but not small base body dies. will a body die push the shoulder back? About the time I think Ive got it figured out something else comes up. I guess that's what makes it so interesting.
Doug,
I have had 2- 88's in .284, 1 in a .243, and a 100 carbine in a .284. I never needed to worry about the cases being sized to feed properly, as my RCBS dies worked just fine.
To your question, a body die reduces the body from the base TO the shoulder.
If interested , I have something maybe you could use for either the 88 or 100. Send me a PM or e mail...

Joe maisto

dies

Joe, Thanks for the comeback. My Dad gave me a set of lyman full length and a bullet seat die. I know they will work for the 88, that was his rifle, but they should work for the 100 to? Ill give them a try. Thanks, Doug

Doug,
I have had 2- 88's in .284, 1 in a .243, and a 100 carbine in a .284. I never needed to worry about the cases being sized to feed properly, as my RCBS dies worked just fine.
To your question, a body die reduces the body from the base TO the shoulder.
If interested , I have something maybe you could use for either the 88 or 100. Send me a PM or e mail...

Joe maisto

Joe,Doug........ I`ve got somethings either of you may be interested in.... a m-100 in .308 and a stock for an 88........pm me.
bill larson

Back