Sleeved Actions?

RCE1

I inherited a few sleeved XP100s made up as rifles in Lee Six stocks. The sleeves are aluminum and they obscure the serial numbers. I was curious about what's involved in removing the sleeves, cleaning them out, milling a viewing window and reattaching the sleeves. These are really nice rifles with Burns bolts and benchrest triggers, but they would be hard to sell without visible serial numbers. One of them set a world's record that stood for a long time and the others are replicas of that gun.

no need to break the law nor ruin rifle.
most free states allow face to face transactions with out
government intervention.
az allows face to face, age requirement, no criminal background( sellers call), az resident

I inherited a few sleeved XP100s made up as rifles in Lee Six stocks. The sleeves are aluminum and they obscure the serial numbers. I was curious about what's involved in removing the sleeves, cleaning them out, milling a viewing window and reattaching the sleeves. These are really nice rifles with Burns bolts and benchrest triggers, but they would be hard to sell without visible serial numbers. One of them set a world's record that stood for a long time and the others are replicas of that gun.

The Davidson sleeves were the most popular sleeves used during that era. If it's a Davidson sleeve, Precision Shooting Magazine published an article by Al Davidson in the March '85 issue with instructions and measurements on where to mill through the sleeve to expose the serial number. The article can also be found in P.S. Magazines 'The Benchrest Shooting Primer' on pg. 96.

If you post a pic of it, we can go from there.

Hope this helps. -Al

The Davidson sleeves were the most popular sleeves used during that era. If it's a Davidson sleeve, Precision Shooting Magazine published an article by Al Davidson in the March '85 issue with instructions and measurements on where to mill through the sleeve to expose the serial number. The article can also be found in P.S. Magazines 'The Benchrest Shooting Primer' on pg. 96.

If you post a pic of it, we can go from there.

Hope this helps. -Al

Having trouble uploading image. Here's a link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XZw9Mn5A143KucH16

I'll post a pic of the sleeve in question for the OP. -Al

2vEwB1jh.jpg

Back