Single shot adapter for Savage Mark II FV

P

Pancho

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and to benchrest shooting so bare with my lack of knowledge. I started shooting 50/50 bench rest with my Savage Mark II, FV .22 last year and have steadily improved due to the advice of other more experienced members at the gun club.

The problem I am currently having is that when I use the magazine to shoot, the bullet is sometimes knicked affecting the accuracy of the shot. When I single load my score usually gets into the 240s.

At my age it's pretty hard to get the bullet chambered, so I started looking for a Single Shot Adapter. According to Savage Arms and multiple searches on the internet I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't exist.

Would anyone know if any of the other adapters (Anschutz, etc.) would fit my rifle. Buying another rifle at this time is not an option (my wife would make me give up one of my other toys, lol).

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Love to shoot. Pancho

as of now i don't know of any that will fit the rifle. i used one i had highly worked over. i just loaded mine one shot at a time. if you think a savage shoots well out of the box there are people who are willing to work on them and really make them alot better. and i'm not talking about installing pillers and glass bedding them either. they won't win national matches by no means but they can be used to win many local matches if you have the rest of the goodies to put it on. have you though about buying a extra magazine and trying to make one? you could remove the bullet stop and spring and make a piece that would drop in from the top somehow. just a ideal.

Single shot adapter

Derek,
A local gunsmith has told me he might be able to make a ramp for me if I have no luck finding the adapter. He's real busy (most good ones are) and it might take a while. In the mean time, I will try adapting one of my extra magazines and see how it works. Thanks

Make your own out of a piece of wood.
I tried the Ans adapter and gave it away.
For the heck of it I made one out of a piece of pine I had that was just the right thickness. Played around with different shapes until I found one that woud feed the best.
In the end it worked a lot better than the factory one.

If you are shooting in the IR 50/50 or RBA Sporter Class then a clip is required. PM/email me and I can give you some ideas on that!

Try the one from Savage?????

Look in your owners manuel at the single shot MKII. Purchase PT#4 I think it was, took a Mag appart put in a pice of plastic from a "BIC" lead pencil (the pocket clip) to replace the follower and epoxied the new follower in place. There is a nipple under the single shot adapter. I drilled a hole in the new follower where the nipple would fit snug. You have to place the adapter in through thr top of the action then push the mag in from under and that holds the adapter in place.

Paul

Back