Sightron - Nightforce

Littleriver

I see many versions of powerful scopes made by Sightron but everyone seems to choose the far more expensive Nightforce. Have many BR folks given the Sightron a chance?? I will spring for the Nightforce if necessary but I am always looking to save a few bucks.

I see many versions of powerful scopes made by Sightron but everyone seems to choose the far more expensive Nightforce. Have many BR folks given the Sightron a chance?? I will spring for the Nightforce if necessary but I am always looking to save a few bucks.

The Niteforce is nice but not necessary.
I have one but if I was looking to save a buck or two, the Weaver 46X, 30 mm side focus would be the choice.
Sightrons are fine as well.....they're out there.

I had decided to try a Sightron but then got a good deal on a Vortex Golden Eagle. Very happy with the Vortex.

I used Sightrons when I shot rimfire BR. I liked them. There isn't one miss that I could say was attributed to the scope. I used one for over 10 years.

My Observation...

Of all the Bench Rest matches I've been too over the years, I would judge that about two percent use the Sightron scopes. I've never heard anything bad about them and the users are well satisfied with them.

I bought one. I just did not want to spend the cost of the NF. I asked some guys that had both. They said the sightron was almost as good and some said it was just as good up until a certain power. I really like mine. I was using a weaver t-36. Just never could get the weaver clear enough. Always seemed to hav a smudge spot. When I first started using the sightron I thought it was so much clearer and brighter. I seems to be perfectly clear at times, so I think the mirage and even different ranges make it look different. But I have sat down at matches and looked through some NF scopes. But they are not adjusted to my eye so really can’t be sure, but mine seemed to be close to the NF

Has anyone tried the new Mueller 40X -56 Side Focus scope that just came out.. I was looking at their website and it seems like it might be a good buy.. Don't know much about them though...

Dave

I have an equal number of Sightron and Nightforce Scopes and shoot just as badly with either. The old eyes are not what they used to be.

Bob

i am very pleased with my Vortex Golden Eagle.. as good as it is at it's price point and according to the tests that Alex Wheeler has done.. i would not be inclined right now to buy a Nightforce.. esp the Comp series..

i am very pleased with my Vortex Golden Eagle.. as good as it is at it's price point and according to the tests that Alex Wheeler has done.. i would not be inclined right now to buy a Nightforce.. esp the Comp series..

The latest BR 42 is generally the topic of most discussion and is highly recommended throughout that test.
You might want to be a little careful with broad statements.

Last edited:
It ain't about what you see but rather the scope holds where it is until you get the target shot. If all scopes did that we would buy the cheapest thing we could see through.

The latest BR 42 is generally the topic of most discussion and is highly recommended throughout that test.
You might want to be a little careful with broad statements.

Broad statements.. no.. i was just inferring my personal opinion.. but if you can't do that.. then what is the use in posting on a open forum..

Broad statements.. no.. i was just inferring my personal opinion.. but if you can't do that.. then what is the use in posting on a open forum..

So stating you'd avoid ANY Niteforce is not a broad statement?? I guess I learned something today.

Nightforce

I have three night force competition scopes and all three are excellent, I also own a sightron which is a nice scope but has had problems with reticle slowly twisting to forty five degrees.
The people from Sightron fixed it but it still isn't real good, think in life you get what you pay for
My sporter scope is a six power Burris HBR II and it is excellent as well but not nearly as expensive as a night force, so maybe I just blew my point out of the water

Last edited:
Back