Sightron 36X???

Big Sky version (I agree it is much better; I've owned both) will have catalog number SIIB3642BRD, not SII3642BRD.

don't know much about S11B... but i have purchased items from both places adorame an optics.. both with good prices, fast service & packing was great too..

but is this Sightron scope better then a Weaver 36X... ?
Weavers are in $425. range...

Weaver or Sightron

I like the way the Sightron controls work, Weaver's are stiff, other than that ?

Stiff bad????

When I'm shooting score and want to change 1 or 2 clicks and it goes 3 or 4,
( I'm 73 and have some artheritis) shooting group works good .

Sightron scope

No stiff is good'
They have a new improved model 36 out introduced after the Bigsky
I read that on another site with new information.
Prices are up. The first 36x had small problems with the clicks being soft.
Many went back for an upgrade, the glass is really good.
Some were modified with plastic or nylon screws added.{not by the company}
Then they introduced the new Big sky to take it's place. The front lens is bigger for more light gathering . The big sky also is quite a bit heavier.
I'm pretty sure the new models are different.
I hope this helps some.

I have the older model SII 36x42 BRD (as opposed to the SIIB 36x42 BRD). The main difference as far as I can tell is the older version Adjustable Objective uses 720 degrees (two complete rotations) for its full adjustment range where the SIIB uses only 360 degrees of rotation for the same range. The distance markings are a bit more difficult on the older version and are color coded as to which of the two full rotations you might be on.

The optics, otherwise, seem to be of the same high quality. I believe the glass for Sightron is manufactured by the same company that manufactures glass for Nikon optics.

Back