Shotmarker

Chism G

I was at the Range the other Day and got to witness the demonstration of a new to me,electronic sensor target. The link below describes the product and technology.

www.autotrickler.com

I was impressed, Esspecially the group size measure capability. I logged in to the software from my smart phone. Once calibrated on the target,I Was able to see bullet impacts on the target at 200yds. The sensors reaches out as far as 1,000yds and transmits info to a viewing device. Ipad,smart phone, lap tops, etc.

I could have used one of these at the Walker County long range match, to see bullet holes at 300yds,in heavy mirage.:)

For $800.00,its another gadget to play with. Reminds me of Jerry Henslers electronic wind sensors. As far as I can tell, this thing works. I wonder if they might have been in touch with Hensler.

Glenn

Last edited:
Sensors attached to target. Getting ready to check out Shotmarker.

irIhjV8.jpg

Glenn

I have one and it is very useful. I particularly like it for the longer ranges where you cannot see your hits. I like having the data and screen shots stored in the tablet I use to view it, so I can study the hits and for ladder tests , the bullet hole locations. Adam is a very smart and ingenious engineer, and is a long range shooter as well. All his stuff is top notch.

Here is mine with the initial calibration target attached. You shoot one shot, the measure the hit location and put that into the tablet, and the unit is calibrated.

click on pic for larger view

DSCN1714_Medium.JPG

Here is a typical screen shot

Screenshot_20180715-143103_Medium.jpg

I have one and it is very useful. I particularly like it for the longer ranges where you cannot see your hits. I like having the data and screen shots stored in the tablet I use to view it, so I can study the hits and for ladder tests , the bullet hole locations. Adam is a very smart and ingenious engineer, and is a long range shooter as well. All his stuff is top notch.

Here is mine with the initial calibration target attached. You shoot one shot, the measure the hit location and put that into the tablet, and the unit is calibrated.

click on pic for larger view

View attachment 21732

Here is a typical screen shot

View attachment 21733

I have a really nice target camera (Target Vision), that transmits to my I-Pad. I was told it was not legal for NBRSA Competition. It would have been great for that 300 at Walker County.

But I did use it at Walker County for the 400 yard Claybreak. Worked great.

Glenn,

That looks like something I need to have!! I have my 600 yd target stuff done and working on the 1000 yd.
Thought I would do 1500 and 2000 yd when I get time. The web site said it would reach that far. That would be great to not have to drive down to the target!! The only thing I see as a show stopper at longer ranges is the bullet needs to be super sonic to read.

Richard

if it is not super sonic, depending on the bullet,
you can have transition issue..less desireable accuracy.
Glenn,

That looks like something I need to have!! I have my 600 yd target stuff done and working on the 1000 yd.
Thought I would do 1500 and 2000 yd when I get time. The web site said it would reach that far. That would be great to not have to drive down to the target!! The only thing I see as a show stopper at longer ranges is the bullet needs to be super sonic to read.

Richard

I was at the Range the other Day and got to witness the demonstration of a new to me,electronic sensor target. The link below describes the product and technology.

www.autotrickler.com

I was impressed, Esspecially the group size measure capability. I logged in to the software from my smart phone. Once calibrated on the target,I Was able to see bullet impacts on the target at 200yds. The sensors reaches out as far as 1,000yds and transmits info to a viewing device. Ipad,smart phone, lap tops, etc.

I could have used one of these at the Walker County long range match, to see bullet holes at 300yds,in heavy mirage.:)

For $800.00,its another gadget to play with. Reminds me of Jerry Henslers electronic wind sensors. As far as I can tell, this thing works. I wonder if they might have been in touch with Hensler.

Glenn

Glenn, I have his autotrickler but haven't hooked it up yet. Was looking at this device on his web site some months ago and was very intrigued. Glad to see it works well. Well, it's less that I was going to pay for another Dan Wesson pistol so I may just get one of these instead.

Glenn,

Richard

Richard,

You will probably need to purchase extra wires and sensors to go on the target frame. Bullets have a way of seeking out sensors and wires, especially at long range.

Glenn

Glenn, I have his autotrickler but haven't hooked it up yet. Was looking at this device on his web site some months ago and was very intrigued. Glad to see it works well. Well, it's less that I was going to pay for another Dan Wesson pistol so I may just get one of these instead.

Jerry,
Its been said, that The Guy with the most toys wins.

Glenn

Has anyone used it indoors? We shoot in a 16'x16' concrete tunnel. The echoes can mess with some of the test equipment.

Back