Searching for extractor

david12601

I have a firearms development corporation action and need an extractor for a ppc bolt face........

Having trouble uploading photo

maybe

I have a firearms development corporation action and need an extractor for a ppc bolt face........

Long since out of business I have a few misc parts . pic of bolt and what's left of extractor i'll look through my stuff. A lot of their stuff was hand fitted.

email photo to me and I'll post it.

0KOGVOA.jpg

Last edited:
This is not really relevant but is just a shoutout about the Good People who inhabit the firearms industry.....

I recently detailed on youtube the process wherein I'm reviving a Time Precision CF action. My first "BR Quality" custom gun. In the process I lost the proprietary boltstop.

I called Art, LONG since retired, and he went out to his garage and rummaged around his loose parts and cannibalized a complete action to send me one of the last boltstops on this earth.

THANK YOU Art, and thank you all good folks in our industry who step up to help, including the folks in this thread.

'We Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants' but not all giants are gone

no luck

If there was any spare parts for these I would probably have them. Your extractor is the same style as the one in my .308. There are no spares the only thing to do is make one, after all you have a pattern. Charlie made several different extractors over the years. I think that is one of the early ones as the newer ones are not as prone to break. Yours broke same place as mine did. I don't know if you know the history or not but Charlie would make a run of 10 or 12 at a time and the parts for them and they were hand fitted. there were no standardized parts as far as I know. When Charlie retired I hauled all his scrap off for him to the metal place but I had access to his scrap box for a few years before that as long as no serial number it was free picking. I tried to get an assortment of parts for spares but I only have the newer style. It looks like it's a case of find a piece of 3/16 stock and drill a hole in it , epoxy your broken part to it and file to fit. That's what I did.

Sorry I couldn't help .

An old file with a tang the right width would work, just the tang before the teeth

Thanks i have a bunch of old files from my grandfather they must be 100 years old .....glad I never got rid of them

This is not really relevant but is just a shoutout about the Good People who inhabit the firearms industry.....

I recently detailed on youtube the process wherein I'm reviving a Time Precision CF action. My first "BR Quality" custom gun. In the process I lost the proprietary boltstop.

I called Art, LONG since retired, and he went out to his garage and rummaged around his loose parts and cannibalized a complete action to send me one of the last boltstops on this earth.

THANK YOU Art, and thank you all good folks in our industry who step up to help, including the folks in this thread.

'We Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants' but not all giants are gone

Do you have a youtube link to your action build???

Some parts for older out of production actions are hard to find, but sometimes something else fits........it's just a matter of finding it.

I needed an extractor for a Wichita bolt in 6PPC, I got one from someone and it didn't fit, it was too narrow.
Now I haven't got any spare Wichita parts or any custom action parts in my selection of parts but I was looking for something else and found myself starring at the bolt head of a Sako Finnwolf.............I found the extractor from the Finnwolf fitted my Wichita and worked.........Ian

Have been looking at different bolts and extractors to see if one can be modified...........in the meantime working at it metal files in hand.....tiny part only inch and a quarter long thanks for replying

Back