Scope for Mini 14

abbydad

I just inherited a clean Mini 14 Ranch rifle and figure it might be useful to police predators at the chicken coop, home defense, plinking, etc. Please recommend a reasonably priced scope suitable for 70 yr old eyes, daytime use & at 50-200 yds max. Do I go conventional scope, dot, holo or ? Thanks for help.

Red dot or halo scope Good for 20' to fifty yards which is all the distance a Mini is truly accurate for. Randy

If you have the mount(or rail)...............

and can fit it, IOR makes a red dot that is really good quality for $250 + maybe $5-8 ship. A 30MM ring will mount it.;)

I have the mid length Aimpoint red dot on my ranch mini. The Ruger 30mm rings do a great job of placing it at eye level. For a fast handling carbine the red dot can't be beat, look at our troops in Iraq, every one has some type of electronic sight. I also have a Nikon 4X14 Buckmaster in another set of rings ( excellent scope), but it has been two years since I have used it.

Mini-14

I just inherited a clean Mini 14 Ranch rifle and figure it might be useful to police predators at the chicken coop, home defense, plinking, etc. Please recommend a reasonably priced scope suitable for 70 yr old eyes, daytime use & at 50-200 yds max. Do I go conventional scope, dot, holo or ? Thanks for help.

I have a Sightron electronic sight mounted to an Aimtech top handguard on my Mini-14. The Aimtech handguard has a Picatinny rail on top which allows you to use the iron sights as well as the electronic sight. The Sightron sight has four different reticle settings as well as intensity settings. This enables a quick handling gun perfect for varmints, home defense, etc. with less than perfect eyes. The Sightron is in the $200+ range and will serve your purpose well due to it's ability to get on a target quickly; i.e.: marauding fox or coyote.

chino69

Last edited:
Back