Scam Artist

ronsroom1

He replied to an add I placed in the WTB section. His e-mail below::mad:

Hello,

I came across your advert listing, on www.benchrest.com, and I'm highly interested in the advert placed in the site.Though I read about it but can i still have more informations about this wonderfull item. To signify your interest in selling this item to me, do get back to me with your final asking price,your payment method(money order or cashier check). I'll also need a name and address which the draft could be issued or made payable to, as the cashier check, would be sent via the courier air mail.

Please note that the payment for shipping and insurance is also included in this
draft,and should be forwarded to my shipping company,after deducting your own
agreed final price,pending the date they will be coming for the pick up of the
item.Consequently,i'll appreciate it so much if i could have some more pictures of this item and further know the present condition of the item as at today.

I strongly anticipate to read from you soon.

Thanks,
MICHAEL MILLER

Always uses the term "item", never mentions "it" by its real name. I buy way too much on gun forums but I always refer to the barrel, or action, or dies, etc.
Maybe he just has a better command of the English language then I do.

whats the scam?

The scam is, you cash the check, send his (fake) shipping company a valid check, his bounces and you never here from him again. This is set up with overseas accounts that are virtually untraceable. There is so much of this going on it unbelievable but until recently, I hadn't seen it on this site. I've had three of these from three different people in the last week.

Another one that works on items that are not to go to ffl's, they send ups or fedex or someone else to come an box and pick up the item a day or two earlier than what they said but the check is suppose to be there the next day. Lot's of scams out there.

Hovis

What a coincedence. I got the same response from the same guy on a piece of furniture tha I listed on Craigslist..

He must have deep pockets:

Remington 40-X KS Sporter - I Want To Buy This Item

Hello,

I came across your advert listing, on www.benchrest.com, and I'm highly interested in the advert placed in the site.Though I read about it but can i still have more informations about this wonderfull item. To signify your interest in selling this item to me, do get back to me with your final asking price,your payment method(money order or cashier check). I'll also need a name and address which the draft could be issued or made payable to, as the cashier check, would be sent via the courier air mail.

Please note that the payment for shipping and insurance is also included in this
draft,and should be forwarded to my shipping company,after deducting your own
agreed final price,pending the date they will be coming for the pick up of the
item.Consequently,i'll appreciate it so much if i could have some more pictures of this item and further know the present condition of the item as at today.

I strongly anticipate to read from you soon.

Thanks,
MICHAEL MILLER

Scam??

Does that mean I DIDN'T win the lottery in Uganda???
OH MAN! I gotta cancel all those rifles.......:eek::eek:

Scam

SG5054

UGANDA ! You're sending money to the wrong country !:eek: You're supposed to be sending it to NIGERIA ! Some people can't get anything right !:D

Best,

Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

scam artist

this scam artist is busy. he attempted to pull this on me. he tried to scam me out of a four wheeler on craigs list. soon as i read the email, i deleted it. when i read this, it clicked, this is the same scammer. br

Scam

It may not be just a money scam. A regional newspaper had a simalar story,but the responders house was robbed soon after replying with name and address.Items stollen were all firearms including the safe (not bolted to the floor).

Back