Sad News

James A. Kelbly

Roland Paolucci, local shooter and past Precision Shooter writer passed away Monday after a problem with simple surgery. Roland was the Music Director for University of Akron. If you have time google his name and you will see he was a very gifted Musician and Music Director. He was one of Kelbly's longest members, started shooting here in the middle 70's. He will be missed.

Pianist Roland Paolucci is one of Northeast Ohio’s jazz gems. As the founder of the Jazz Studies program at the University of Akron and former Musical Director of the Cleveland Jazz Orchestra, Paolucci is highly respected among his peers on the local music scene. Under his direction of the CJO, he has worked with renowned jazz artists such as Lew Soloff, Clark Terry, Louie Bellson, Sarah Vaughn, Milt Hinton, Tom Harrell, Benny Carter, Rufus Reid, Harry “Sweets” Edison, Guido Basso, Jiggs Whigham, Carl Fontana, Tony Bennett, Diane Schuur, and Tommy Flanagan to name a few.

Jim

Sad news indeed !!

Roland was a great guy, I truly enjoyed and looked forward to our Wednesday outings for lunch at the "fish joint"
He was one of Ohio's most accomplished jazz musicians and an exceptional piano artist.
I will truly miss him, God bless to his family you are in my prayers.

All my best,

Al Blackwell

Great Guy...

Always enjoyed Roland's visits to the Super Shoot and talking firearms with him. Roland possessed a keen mind and his firearm/load musings were always well thought out. Made it hard to argue or differ with him. Fun guy and never a cross word...RIP Roland.

He will be missed by many and my sincere condolences to his family.

Back