Rumor squashing . . .

R. G. Robinett

OOOoops, that should have read QUASHING!
Wilbur may decide to delete this rather blatant advertisement . .or, NOT . . .:eek:
The rumor going about, that BIB thirty caliber bullets are now priced at $400 per thousand is, well, [mostly] bunk! The current pricing for BIB thirty caliber bullets, 112 through 155 Gr., is $333.00 per 1,000, plus shipping. Now, for those FEW who shoot the infamous 187 Gr. FB, the price IS $405.00 per 1,000, plus shipping. Though never one to wallow in price wars (I'm usually at or near the high end), I'm not going to sit back and risk losing business to rumors of excessively high pricing. :D

Though the pricing is not yet posted (I hope to have them uploaded by the end of this week), some people may find a visit to my new web-site informative: < www.bibullets.com >. The site is still "under construction, but navigable. RG

Last edited:
Every Once in a while?

How about every hour, on the hour. ha ha! ...Dave

I thought I paid $335 a few years ago for 134 grain .30 cals...

No longer innocent???

I said on the chat last night that I had heard that you had gone to over $400.00 per thousand. I was told that was wrong. Thank you for straightening me out. Every once in a while EVEN I need that.
But still trying. Missed you and Jan at the Shamrock again this year. Jim

Francis, I didn't know WHO it (they) 'wuz'!

:eek:
I said on the chat last night that I had heard that you had gone to over $400.00 per thousand. I was told that was wrong. Thank you for straightening me out. Every once in a while EVEN I need that.

You may correct my spelling and grammar - if need be! :D Having received an email query, wondering if I had , "gone sky-high", I felt the need to set this straight promptly !:confused: This one got my hackles up more than last year's rumor - that the ten ogive point-up die was "worn out" . . . Ken Livengood, via an unprecedented string of [IBS registered] 250-25X scores, put an authoritative KIBOSH to THAT rumor - "corrective action", on my part, proved unnecessary. :) I was not concerned with the ORIGIN [of the price rumor], but rather with "killing" it dead in it's tracks!:D RG

Last edited:
Man! Do you realize what we ...

do during matches and practice sessions. We're throwing away anywhere from 22 to 40 cents into the ground every few seconds ... many times (depends on the number of shooters). With the price of commodities these days, clubs or ranges could make money if they periodically dug up berms, sifted through the dirt and sold the recovered material to China, India or ... maybe a local recycling plant. Maybe we can figure out a way to get recycled lead and copper back to our bullet makers at a reduced cost. I wonder how much money is sitting out there in the dirt ??? Just a thought. Art

do during matches and practice sessions. We're throwing away anywhere from 22 to 40 cents into the ground every few seconds ... many times (depends on the number of shooters). With the price of commodities these days, clubs or ranges could make money if they periodically dug up berms, sifted through the dirt and sold the recovered material to China, India or ... maybe a local recycling plant. Maybe we can figure out a way to get recycled lead and copper back to our bullet makers at a reduced cost. I wonder how much money is sitting out there in the dirt ??? Just a thought. Art

most ranges do.
shotgun ranges even have special equiptment to sift the shot out.
my range just did the shot gun range for the second time in 5 years. the shot is being sold to someone in ENGLAND! have not heard the final total, but its is no work by us and money in the bank.
some states require a lead management program for new ranges. somehow they got the idea that putting lead back in the ground where it came from was hazardous....
rifle and pistol is a little more difficult. its a hillside instead of flatland, and the projectiles typically go deeper.

mike in co

or ... maybe a local recycling plant. Maybe we can figure out a way to get recycled lead and copper back to our bullet makers at a reduced cost. I wonder how much money is sitting out there in the dirt ??? Just a thought. Art

I just ordered some lead wire for a friend. $3.21/lb. They graciously gave me $0.50/lb. for the lead scrap I returned.

JimP

Back