Rimfire

J

JACK CHASTAIN

This is a great site to learn where the rimfire matches are and the results.
Are there any sites where rimfire is actually discussed. thanks in advance

This is a great site to learn where the rimfire matches are and the results.
Are there any sites where rimfire is actually discussed. thanks in advance

This site used to be where you could ask questions about rimfire but now it is mainly where you learn where matches are held and scores. The other site is for calfee.

Bill : You are truly one of those great people who go out of their way to help anybody-, you have help me before and all. The point I was trying to make about this sight is -once it was where you could ask questions about Benchrest rifles-how to set them up or how to correct a problem you may have. If you look at the post now the majority are about this match or that one or scores from this match or that one and where this match or that match will be had. There are just not enough people like you Bill. I think you care about growing this sport and helping new comers. thank you for being the man you are. garrisone.

What do you want to discuss? I think most of the guys who read this forum are folks that actively shoot in rimfire competition. If you ask a straight question, usually someone will give an honest answer, if there is one.
However, if you want to discuss theory, or why is this like that, or not like that, and then argue the point just for fun, you won't get very far, from what I've seen so far.

Then at times you have the folks on forums that spout theory, or what they read, or what they heard as gospel, or how they feel, or what they dreamed, while never actually competing in a match, or working with rimfires at all. Those are the ones you need to steer clear of:)
Bad info, is worse than non at all, and it cost more.

Wow i looked at the other sites, thank you. Thanks for posting the rimfire matches and results but right now i need some questions answered by the experts and maybe argue a bit just for fun!!

Wow i looked at the other sites, thank you. Thanks for posting the rimfire matches and results but right now i need some questions answered by the experts and maybe argue a bit just for fun!!
What questions did you ask on those sites and did you get any answers? I visit those sites daily and find a lot of BS present. I even contribute some of the BS.

What questions did you ask on those sites and did you get any answers? I visit those sites daily and find a lot of BS present. I even contribute some of the BS.
I must take exception with you, Don. There is no BS in rimfire. :)

Concho Bill

Jack ,
We are all still waiting for those questions that you need answers for. I'm wandering what sites did you visit to find experts on?? - Clint

Jack ,
We are all still waiting for those questions that you need answers for. I'm wandering what sites did you visit to find experts on?? - Clint

Clint you can go here: http://www.rimfireaccuracy.com, there is a guy Bill C and the sight owner Wallace S that has really got it going on! I'm still reading the older post and learning, very very informative and helpful. It looks to me like the two smartest guys in rimfire, wow.

This site is wonderful for match results the other site is wonderful for the mechanics of how rimfire works. Thank you guys for the link.

Friend Jack, yes it's a fun site to visit, and Wallace tries to keep it very friendly. And friend, you can pick up some useful info, but, friend Jack, make sure you have a good BS detector with you.

Last edited:
I found another rimfire forum that's pretty good, has a few refugees from here and the web site far far away as some have coined it. Thanks, Douglas

Friend Jack, yes it's a fun site to visit, and Wallace tries to keep is very friendly. And friend, you can pick up some useful info, but, friend Jack, make sure you have a good BS detector with you.

Thank you for the concern, i have been reading the site since last nite, stayed up late too. So far i have not read one drop of BS. What amazes me this kind of info is free! It could be put into a book!! The reading is not quite up to snuff with the best book i ever read by the author Boyer but non the less the site is all about rimfire. Mr Smallwood is just a saint for all his efforts to, thanks for giving us the best rimfire site ever for how stuff works.

In a couple months, rimfire benchrest will be 14yrs old, just a baby. Thanks, Douglas

Thank you for the concern, i have been reading the site since last nite, stayed up late too. So far i have not read one drop of BS. What amazes me this kind of info is free! It could be put into a book!! The reading is not quite up to snuff with the best book i ever read by the author Boyer but non the less the site is all about rimfire. Mr Smallwood is just a saint for all his efforts to, thanks for giving us the best rimfire site ever for how stuff works.

Gulp, gulp (the sound of drinking the snake oil)

This is my favorite rimfire benchrest video of all time!
If you watch all the parts several times, without having an aneurism, you'll see that all the answers to rimfire accuracy are in there.
I don’t want to give away all the things I've learned from this video, but hiring a douser to select ammo lots is worth every penny. ;)
Vortexes

but hiring a douser to select ammo lots is worth every penny.

JJ-1A i'm just now learning the search feature and can't find anything. Do you think you can post a link for you douser service? thanks in advance

Back