Restocking fee update!

J

Johnse

I posted a response to my frustration about a shooting store a couple weeks ago. I was sent a stock that I was told would fit a Panda action. What I got was a chunk of carbon fiber that was not inletted or even had a barrel channel cut into it. I contested the restocking fee which was $57 or 15 percent. having been a long time customer I thought that meant something. Apparently not! I was charged the $57. This individual sent me a sporter weight barrel two years ago after I asked for heavy varmint barrel. That also was my fault I guess as I was told that also would require the 15 percent restocking fee or to sell it myself on this website. I didn't come out and say this on my last post but I will say it now. This individual will never get my business again. I refuse to deal with unethical people and that is what he is.

It would be nice to know who the culpret is so others don't get burned.

GaCop you know that the moment it is posted the thread will be deleted, so now why you wanna go an do that.:p

Hovis, just out of curiosity why would you ask him that in an open fourm?
Is it a no no for him to avail someone of that info if they should pm him?

Johnse
Sounds like a lack of communication problem to me. If you truly were not sent what you asked for it should be no problem to successfully contest the charges on your credit card. And when it comes to ordering stocks unless they say inletted or semi-inletted what you get takes a lot of work.

Dick

Johnse,
After being sent a barrel that was not what you ordered, and presented with the 15% restocking fee, why did
you go back to purchase a stock. This reminds me of my first wife, everything is some one elses fault.

Johnse,
After being sent a barrel that was not what you ordered, and presented with the 15% restocking fee, why did
you go back to purchase a stock. This reminds me of my first wife, everything is some one elses fault.

And that's why we all have 2nd wives... we never learned our lesson the first time. :)

First! Let's start with who we are talking about.The men are Greg, and Aaron Johnson. Greg, who lives' in Cedar Rapids, Ia. is the one who ordered the stock on my advice. Aaron lives' in Denver, Co. He is the one that ordered the barrel. I only work on rifles' for these two. I have a shop with three lathes, vertical mill, bench center, drill press, grinders, and most any precision instrument you could want. I have posted some photo's of my work, reworked 40X action with Savage bolt head, folding spotting scope, and camera stand, All brass,and hard wood bench rest front stand. Look them over, and see if you can find some confusion here. Those guy's will discuss with me many time's before they order anything. Confusion! I would hate to buy one of his $3000+ rifle's, and send it back if it was not what I ordered at 15%. Where I live, if caught in a crooked act, the news media does'nt give a crap about my sensabilities. We can't do that here. After all! what if he was one of the fair haired boys.

And that's why we all have 2nd wives... we never learned our lesson the first time. :)

35 years, when you learn to make the RIGHT choice in the beginning, there is no second choices! Man am I lucky, or is it man is she lucky!!! :D Anyway we are lucky compared to most!! Life is sweet, when you love the one your with!! Now if I could only do that with a BR Rifle????:mad:

Last edited:
35 years, when you learn to make the RIGHT choice in the beginning, there is no second choices! Man am I lucky, or is it man is she lucky!!! :D Anyway we are lucky compared to most!! Life is sweet, when you love the one your with!! Now if I could only do that with a BR Rifle????:mad:

Y'er neither one of you lucky, you're GOOD.

Good beats lucky every time over the long haul.......

al

Guy's, I'll have 40years July 15, Seems like yesterday and today i have my grandchildren spending the holiday weekend with me.

My Wife Marilyn and I celebrated our 40th last Sunday. I really love that woman.

I guess we have drifted about as far off the originol subject as it would seem possible. I know who the OP is talking about, as I am sure many other shooters do. Many of us have sort of a "love-hate" relationship with them, we love it because they just about always have what we want, but we hate it when they do cr-p like this..........jackie

Back