Remington 540X Rail Question

jstanfield103

I have not been on this site for quite a while.

I am just getting back to my own Bench rest shooting after a few years of being away from 22's completely.

I just purchased a Remington 540X I have had one in the past and Loved this rifle. My question is and I hope you guy's can help me. The rail on the bottom of the 540X stock, what can I buy that will slide into the rail to mount a Swivel and or a Bench plate? I had one on my old 540X but my memory does not remember what I used or had. What are you guy's using ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The person that had this rifle before me took the end screw out that holds the rail on and screwed the swivel adapter into that hole. This is not the correct way to do this and I want it put back to OEM with the correct screw back in the railing to hold it on to the stock. I want an adapter that will slide into the rail where I can mount a bi-pod on the rifle and remove it and slide the adapter down the rail when using the rifle on a bench rest.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I made one out of a piece of 3"x4"x 1/2" aluminum plate. I no longer have the rifle so if you want it its yours. You may need to modify the T-nuts though.
Or you can check Sinclair or Champions Choice. Seems to me that I'd seen them there before.

Keith

No problem,You should consider looking into the ABRA for your 10/22 and the ARA for your 541 to shoot in some competitions this yr. Good luck

Back