Reloading information / manual / books

B

Bladeforger

I've been shopping around for some good "bang for the buck" in a .223, and have seen lots of good recommendations for the Savage / Stevens rifles. And they are affordable. Great!

I saw recommendations for Mike Ratigan's book; I ordered one.

I saw recommendations for Glen Zediker's book, but I haven't ordered one yet. I have a RCBS Rock Chucker, but I've never gotten the hang of adjusting dies to get the loads to come out right. And I just haven't asked the right folks, apparently. I not only haven't been able to work on accurate loads, I haven't gotten past loads where the bullets seat without wrinkling the case neck or scraping up the bullets. (That was on 30/30.) I got disgusted and set it aside... then got busy making a living and fixing up the house. Now I'm ready to try reloading again.

What book will cover the ins and outs of reloading a rifle cartridge in enough detail to do it right?

Keith

Bladeforger,

Your wrinkled 30-30 loads may have been caused by using an excessive crimp. The 30-30 case necks have very thin brass compared to other 30 caliber cartridges, and it will buckle very easily.

Read my website, and you'll find tech tips on reloading that will save you money, and it will help you to make better handloads. It has about 2 hours of reading and reference information for reloaders.

- Innovative

Learning to reload

You need to find someone local to you that has reloaded for years AND follows the accepted reloading tables provided by the powder manufactures.

Ask that person to come over to your reloading area and help you. Books are good, but a hands on experience with an experienced reloader will help you a TON.

Back