Redding bushing neck sizing die

D

DenverDave

Anyone have a Redding bushing neck sizing die? If so, does it come with an expander button on the sizing die? I can't remember when I bought the dies if I removed it or if there was one to start with. I normally remove the expander button and rely on the neck bushings to size the neck (after turning the necks). Thanks.

Anyone have a Redding bushing neck sizing die? If so, does it come with an expander button on the sizing die? I can't remember when I bought the dies if I removed it or if there was one to start with. I normally remove the expander button and rely on the neck bushings to size the neck (after turning the necks). Thanks.

The Redding Competition Bushing Die does not use a Expander.

As mentioned above the Comp dies do not use an expander but the S type bushing dies (neck and full size) do come with both an expander and a non expander nut to retain the decaping pin.

Thanks

OK, thanks guys. I can stop turning the place upside down looking for them.

by perfect

With the neck bushing sizing die, working of the brass is minimized while achieving "perfect" neck tension.

you mean what your rifle likes? Generally enough tension to help create consistent powder burn and give enough grip so a loaded round can be extracted without pulling the bullet if you are using a loaded round long enough to jam the bearing surface of the bullet into the rifling. The more jam the more tension may be required to keep the round intact. That may change as your necks work harden and loose some ability to consistently grip the bullet.

Back