Reamer to Australia

Go ahead and send it. Guarantee you'll NEVER see it again.:eek: Once it hits customs, it's GONE!!
See what the reamer makers say about shipping to Oz BEFORE you even consider shipping it.

I know there are a FEW things that CAN'T be shipped to OZ so best to get the proper info before you ship it as a "form tool" or "hobby tool".
I know for a fact that a plastic shot gun stock in pieces is still floating around in never never land after 5 or 10 years. Just a piece of plastic?? CYA first.

I've bought numerous reamers from the US over the years, had them shipped to Australia and never had a problem. It's not a gun part, only a tool, so customs weren't interested in the least.

Australia is part of ANZUS.
We have extensive relationships with them at very high classification levels.
Of course only 3-latter agency workers & contractors know about them, and we cannot describe even 'old' things without rather explicit permission.

it would not be the first time a 'non-DOD company had stumbled onto something from the black World.
They accidentally picked a very secret name for a 'brand name' for a splice case.

Our field engineers got a shock when they started seeing our project name on out of country manufactured splice cases.
Luckily no one blew the cover in front of anyone.

Last edited:
Legally they can be shipped if the sender has an export permit. I have had PT & G and JGS send me reamers without a problem. Anyone else sending them without a permit risks loosing the reamer. . No paper work need on receiving it on the Australian end

I live in Brasil.

I requested some specs for 308 reamer to JGS. They refused to inform, because I am not USA resident

A "Scope" is NOT a gun part but the word is out that they CAN'T be shipped to OZ. So say the scope makers.

ITAR does not apply to only 'gun parts."

It applies to all sorts of technology that has military applications.

The 'US Munitions List' is a good part of it.

It defines many of the technologies that have export restrictions since they have military applications.

The performance of some semiconductors (and the actual devices) to 'space radiation'
(as in both gamma rays And particle radiation) is ITAR restricted.

It gets very specific and very restricted quickly.

Back