Reamer Bushing storage

PEI Rob

I really need a new method to store my reamer bushings. I was thinking of a fishing tackle style case with a tiny compartment for each bushing. It would have to be marked to indicate which tenth it was of course. What do you guys use?

As I typed this post I imagined a reloading block style holder inside a tap and die style metal case. Sounds real good right now, how would I mark it though?

I really need a new method to store my reamer bushings. I was thinking of a fishing tackle style case with a tiny compartment for each bushing. It would have to be marked to indicate which tenth it was of course. What do you guys use?

As I typed this post I imagined a reloading block style holder inside a tap and die style metal case. Sounds real good right now, how would I mark it though?

Here is my quick, cheap, easy made reamer bushing tray holder.......made from an old surplus drill bit tray and 1/4" thick foam surplus pad from some old shipping package, holes punched in the foam with a leather 1/4" dia. leather punch, and hand drawn matrix on the lid interior identifying the bushing size/locations............Don

M1920003.jpg

M1920005.jpg

Don,
If I had your box there would be one more line underneath "This side up" "STUPID" I would have already dumped it at least once. I did that once with the letters for my Hermes engraver.

I use small parts trays/boxes you can get at discount stores. Caliber specific depending on the number of bushing you have. Just put a small sticker with the size in the bottom of the compartment.

Dave

Don,
If I had your box there would be one more line underneath "This side up" "STUPID" I would have already dumped it at least once. I did that once with the letters for my Hermes engraver.

I use small parts trays/boxes you can get at discount stores. Caliber specific depending on the number of bushing you have. Just put a small sticker with the size in the bottom of the compartment.

Dave

Hi Dave, you name it Ive spilled it; detronic pins, sockets, bushings, stamps, drill bits, etc...............and always the first words out of my mouth are "you stupid idiot"............Don

Back