Rangefinder Recommendation

Adamhoward

I need a rangefinder for bow hunting mostly. I have an older bow that is a very accurate bow. When the deer are out to 50 to 60 yds I start to have trouble guessing the correct range. I hunt quite a few different areas.
Now I want to buy Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder.

Its specification is:
Magnification Range: 7x
Finish: Matte black w/Rubber
Objective: 25mm
Eye Relief: 0.59? (15mm)
FOV: 34.6? @100 yards
Max Range: 3400 yards on Reflective targets
1500 yards on trees
1200 yards on deers
Reticle: Circle with data
Battery: CR2

If this rangefinder could do that for me or you have any other opinion, I would be happy.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I need a rangefinder for bow hunting mostly. I have an older bow that is a very accurate bow. When the deer are out to 50 to 60 yds I start to have trouble guessing the correct range. I hunt quite a few different areas.
Now I want to buy Sig Kilo 2000 rangefinder.

Its specification is:
Magnification Range: 7x
Finish: Matte black w/Rubber
Objective: 25mm
Eye Relief: 0.59? (15mm)
FOV: 34.6? @100 yards
Max Range: 3400 yards on Reflective targets
1500 yards on trees
1200 yards on deers
Reticle: Circle with data
Battery: CR2

If this rangefinder could do that for me or you have any other opinion, I would be happy.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I think the Sig would be a good choice even though it may seem like overkill. If you look at others there are two things you should bear in mind for a bow-hunter: can you read the display against a dark background? and how *close* will it range? My Sig will range at indoor distances. My Leica won't range anything closer than about 25-30 yards (but has the best display). My old Bushnell had an LCD readout and you either had to be looking at a snowbank, or up into the sky to be able to read it...

GsT

Sig is the best brand. I have Sig 2400 and it's a nice rangefinder.
So, I can say that you can go with your any favorite sig model.

vortex 1000

The 1000 will be fine for archery. There might be faster ones at displaying yardages, but you have to learn how it works. you start loosing readings on an angus cow or low reflective target at about 5 to 600 yards, depending on the sunlight. In fog I can only get 11 yards. There's a lot of good ones out there that work nice. Do some of the newer rangefinding scopes do alright in fog?

Back