Question for Australian members.

harro

G'day

Can some of you knowledgeable guys clear up some questions for me.
In the recent magazine put out by SSAA Comprehensive Guide to Shooting and Hunting in Australia in the Benchrest chapter . It is stated that in the .22 Rimfire Benchrest, the total maximum weight of rifle including telescope must not exceed 3.515kg (7lb 12oz ). The same weight it seems applies to the .22 Rimfire Hunter Class.
Now on this site I have read numerous times of a weight limit of 7 1/2 lbs.
Do we in Australia have different classes that we shoot in compared to the rest of the world. If so what classes do we shoot that are compatible with everyone else.
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question ,or if I've missed something really obvious.

thankyou for your time

harro

Harro,
SSAA have been shooting the 7 ¾ class for long long time, well before any of the current groups around the world got started. But the SSAA also shoot a 14lbs class too, if it’s not in the rulebook your reading try one that is a little more up to date.

Peter

G'day

Sorry to bring this thread up , but I have another question to ask Aussie shooters.
How difficult is it to import a stock from the USA.
Have any of you guys done it??
Does a stock require a permit to import ??
Are there any other problems that you may know of in regards to bringing in a stock??

Thankyou for your time.

harro

Hi,

it is not an import & does not require paperwok. I just had one couriered form Don Stith in the USA no problems at all.

Back