PQP Rest Question

Rimfireshooter

I just received a PQP Lite rest, and had a question. Do you coat the aluminum with anything? Clear coat, a wax, etc. just to maintain the exterior of the rest?

Appreciate any recommendations you might have.

RFS

I just received a PQP Lite rest, and had a question. Do you coat the aluminum with anything? Clear coat, a wax, etc. just to maintain the exterior of the rest?

Appreciate any recommendations you might have.

RFS

Don’t believe so. They don ‘t really tarnish but if you wish you can use aluminum cleaner/polish.....same stuff for wheels.
My one piece joy stick is couple years old, kinda looks new.

I haven't felt the need to do anything to mine yet either, but I have seen one that looked great with a good powder coat finish. I have thought of breaking mine down, rounding the edges, and sending the parts out for anodizing. Maybe one day.

You can anodize it. Clear will dull it some, you can also make it any color you want. Most companies have a minimum though. Powder coat will chip off in big chunks and look like you know what soon (ask me how I know). The best paint is cerakote. Someone may be able to do that cheaper. I just use soap and water with a maroon scotchbrite pad if I want it shined up. You have to take it apart if you want it to look really good though. In the end, it's not a hot rod car or custom bike, use your time as you see fit. :cool:

Back