Paul Ryan passes....

Paul Ryan, 77, succumbed to a long battle with cancer on March 28th. Paul was an incredibly fine gentleman who graced the IBS circuit for MANY years. Back in the day, he was a tough competitor, but more importantly he was just a "great guy". Whether it was at a big match or a South Creek winter league match he was a delight to talk to. As I think back over the years I knew him, I vividly recall his broad Irish grin. His passing is not unexpected as he battled pancreatic cancer for a very long time. Most don't last as long as he did after that diagnosis...a tough one, he.

Obit: https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/...e4f4da8fc0&CFTOKEN=0&o_id=3642367&fh_id=11439

Jeff

Paul Ryan, 77, succumbed to a long battle with cancer on March 28th. Paul was an incredibly fine gentleman who graced the IBS circuit for MANY years. Back in the day, he was a tough competitor, but more importantly he was just a "great guy". Whether it was at a big match or a South Creek winter league match he was a delight to talk to. As I think back over the years I knew him, I vividly recall his broad Irish grin. His passing is not unexpected as he battled pancreatic cancer for a very long time. Most don't last as long as he did after that diagnosis...a tough one, he.

Obit: https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/...e4f4da8fc0&CFTOKEN=0&o_id=3642367&fh_id=11439

Jeff

Sorry to hear that Jeff. I had the pleasure of meeting him only once at the IBS Nationals in Weikert PA in 2013. Really nice guy. R.I.P. Paul.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Jeff. I had the pleasure of meeting him only once at the IBS Nationals in Weikert PA in 2013. Really nice guy. R.I.P. Paul.

It's been tough on the family. In this photo, the man you might recognize as Paul is actually his identical twin with Paul more than a year ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 277
Paul was at a late summer Score match in Bowmanstown to sell his BR stuff. He spoke to all before the safety meeting about his condition. He truly trusted all as his friends because he sold much of the stuff on the honor system stating " put whatever you think it's worth in the pot". He will be surely missed.

Back