Optical Booster

JonathanK

I was just wondering how many people are using them and how they work for them. I have heard the exit pupil is smaller but I can live with this for the extra magnification if it works well. I use a Weaver T-36 and B&L 36 for shortrange benchrest.(there was thread about this on a different subforum, but I wanted to try this one as it seems to have more traffic)
Thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan ...

I tried the Gene Davis booster on my Weaver 36X [pictured below] and sent it back because, for me, the sight picture was worse, then when it wasn't boosted. It looks like trying to boost a Weaver 36X, regardless of whether the attempt is internal or external, is not such a good idea. But give it a shot, it might work for you. If you don't like it, you can always send it back. Art :)

Attachments

• Gene Davis Booster.jpg
    Gene Davis Booster.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 199
Hi Johathan,
I have one fitted to my Sightron scope and it does make a difference the one I have is from BulzEyePro. Target Shooter Magazine did a review on this very item back in April. you can still view the magazine by going to www.targetshooter.co.uk then look for the pass issues link on the right side and go to the April Issue, you can read up about there.

AndyD

Jonathan
As I have said before. I have one on a B&L 36X. 4X. I am happy.
Or I would buy a Leupold 45X. Been thinking about it. Checking out other shooters' scopes. to get a feel. The March 50X is really nice......

Jonathan

I have had a Davis optical booster on my Leup 45 for several years. I love it and highly recommend it. There's no downside.

Dick Wright

Back