One for the books!

A customer the other day claimed he owned a 760 rem with top mounted safety. Suggested he might not know what he was talking about. Turns out I was wrong! It's connected to the back of the receiver and it looks like it belongs to the gun. In other words it dosen't appear to be a conversion. Looked thru some rem information to no avail. Wondered if anyone out there is familiar with what Iv'e discribed?

fascinating

"connected to" like behind the receiver in the wood? Or the receiver is slotted to accept the safety?

fascinating

"connected to" like behind the receiver in the wood? Or the receiver is slotted to accept the safety?

It's connected to receiver but at first glance it appears to be integral. The original position has very neatly been filled in. Inletting appears to match the rest of the gun. It's very nicely contoured an looks original.

It's connected to receiver but at first glance it appears to be integral. The original position has very neatly been filled in. Inletting appears to match the rest of the gun. It's very nicely contoured an looks original.
IMO, if the original position exists then it would seem logical that the tang safety is a retro-fit. Now I'm curious enough to go drop the trigger group on a 760 :)

IMO, if the original position exists then it would seem logical that the tang safety is a retro-fit. Now I'm curious enough to go drop the trigger group on a 760 :)

I'm not computer literate enough to be able to send a picture. Will try to get my daughter to help me out.

Why would someone bother with a retro-fit?

well..... this is why the whole thing is so confusing!

One of the smartest thing Remington ever did was to expand upon the idea of "trigger group" and make the entire modular assembly into a unit which can be removed in the field with a stick.... no tools other than a busted willer staub......

And I'm intimately familiar with this "trigger group"....... and wikkid intrigued as to how some backyard genius (????) fitted a tang safety to interact with the trigger group. My GUESS is that it's unrelated, that it's a sliding "reverse cam" dealio which engages with the hammer and depresses it/blocks it

but I'm wild-ass guessing only

intrigued here

well..... this is why the whole thing is so confusing!

One of the smartest thing Remington ever did was to expand upon the idea of "trigger group" and make the entire modular assembly into a unit which can be removed in the field with a stick.... no tools other than a busted willer staub......

And I'm intimately familiar with this "trigger group"....... and wikkid intrigued as to how some backyard genius (????) fitted a tang safety to interact with the trigger group. My GUESS is that it's unrelated, that it's a sliding "reverse cam" dealio which engages with the hammer and depresses it/blocks it

but I'm wild-ass guessing only

intrigued here

Al

I'm already an insomniac ......and will get depressed if i'm up all night thinking about your your guess and it's significance .....no matter how unrealistic you admit it to be.

Is a dealio related to a gizmo?

Just asking

Not really, not where I growed up... a dealio is closely related to a doohickey, but more linear. Whereas the typical gizmo is more of a thingamajig

The wife and I both got our morning laff over coffee.

Back