Nodes for H322 ??

chazgreen

chazgreen
Weather in Michigan has finally broken 50 degrees! I want to experiment with the 8 lbs of new H322 I bought. I shoot Barts Ultra 68 in my 6PPC, Kreiger 1:14, Fed 205s. Can anyone out there suggest nodes I should be seeking? Thanks as always/ Chaz

H322

Years ago, before I found V133, I shot H322 (but the older stuff) and 28.4 gr shot pretty well. I ve not shot any of the new yet, but like you, I want to try it, at least in my Hart barrels. You might want to give Lowell a call.

Look forward to shooting with you this year.

Geary Koglin

27.2 works good for me

Yes, be sure to run the gambit... But like the others, 27.0-28.0 was a good range.. Try'n to shoot the upper window, like 133 or the new XBR typically results in "splatter groups" with 322 Extreme...

Good powder but few shoot it due to a "difficult tune through the temps"..
Probably the most temp sensitive in a PPC I have encountered. Still... When temps > 90 deg and humidity < 40% stay'n down around 27.0-27.5, bit slow but is capable...

Damp cool conditions 322 is pretty steady in a 6PPC...

Good luck.

cale

Gents/ thanks for the suggestions. I know one shooter who uses H322 exclusively in temps down to 20 degrees,. He only switches to VV133 when the temps get to 60 degrees. Says he doesn't like the higher pressures he gets with 322 as temps go up; but he was shooting 29.2 grains this winter....Wish I had an email/phone for Lowell, but I don't. He would also be a fine source for thoughts about 322. Again, thanks to all/ Chaz

Check the Member List

Gents/ thanks for the suggestions. I know one shooter who uses H322 exclusively in temps down to 20 degrees,. He only switches to VV133 when the temps get to 60 degrees. Says he doesn't like the higher pressures he gets with 322 as temps go up; but he was shooting 29.2 grains this winter....Wish I had an email/phone for Lowell, but I don't. He would also be a fine source for thoughts about 322. Again, thanks to all/ Chaz

Chuck,

Check the member list for Lowell's phone number. I am certain he would help

Geary Koglin

27.6 - 28.2 was the node for me. Seemed way to tempermental for my likes tho. Did'nt stick with it long.

H 322

Chaz
I take 2 powders to a shoot one of them is 133 the other is 322. H322 extreme is a great powder for the PPC. One thing to consider though is where 133 has a wide range of powder loads that work in the PPC H322 has a narrow range. You will find that 322 will spike quickly when you get to the upper load range. Knowing this about 322 is what you need to know.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Chaz

H322 is one of those powder that you stop before you get much into the neck of a PPC. Unlike 133 where the upper window might be at the top of the neck whereas 322 is at the bottom of the neck. The spike occurs when you exceed the max load it can happen fast with H322. Obvious signs are stiff bolt lift after firing, flattened primers, and increased recoil.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Back