nightforce- fixed or variable?

Littleriver

If a reader has a Nightforce connection please ask why the fixed 42 power is more expensive than the variable 42 power. To me it would seem to take less material and inner workings to build a fixed than a variable. Anyone have knowledge in this area?

If a reader has a Nightforce connection please ask why the fixed 42 power is more expensive than the variable 42 power. To me it would seem to take less material and inner workings to build a fixed than a variable. Anyone have knowledge in this area?

That's because the Comp model has ED glass and the BR model 12-42 doesn't.

The BR model is heavy but it is rock solid, The comp cost more but has had issues from day one. The fixed power hasn't had any issues so far except a critical eye box.....jim

The fixed power may also be more expensive due to simple economics. The more you make of something, the less expensive it becomes to make. They probably make a lot more of the variables.

The fixed power may also be more expensive due to simple economics. The more you make of something, the less expensive it becomes to make. They probably make a lot more of the variables.

Pete. Variable scopes have usually always been more expensive than a fixed. The retail price of the fixed 42 Comp is around $1749.00. The 15-55 is around $2350.00. Same with March scopes. Their variables are always more expensive to make then their fixed. The main reason the fixed 42 cost more than their 12-42 is because of the low dispersion ED glass. It just costs more than the glass they use in their BR model. If you ever looked thru the BR series vs the Comp series scopes you can see what I mean. Secondly the Comp series has a side parallax adjustment, also an increase in price over a non side adjustment scope.

Last edited:
Back