New RF matches for 2012 in NW Ohio

WILDCATER

New RF matches for 2012 in NW Ohio JUST A REMINDER!!

The Antwerp Ohio Conservation Club will be holding NEW monthly RF matches to the public this year. We will be shooting 50 yard & 100 yard targets for score by class. The matches will be held on the first Sunday of the month May thru October. We would really like to see you all there, it will be a hoot, er, I mean shoot. Payouts for high score per yardage, high score combined yardage back 3 places and one payout for the bonus target. So please come join the fun. we assure a good time for all!!

NEW .22 RF. RIFLE MATCHES
Please come & join us we welcome all!!
WHERE
ANTWERP CONSERVATION CLUB (SEE DIRECTIONS BELOW)
2 Mi. N.E. OF ANTWERP OHIO
WHEN
1st SUNDAY OF THE MONTH @ 11AM MAY - OCTOBER
2 RIFLE CLASSES
1) UNLIMITED
2) FACTORY
50 & 100 YARD TARGETS $15.00 ENTRY FEE W/ PAYOUTS, AND OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL 100 YARD WINNER TAKE ALL FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO EXTEND THE DAY!!!

See the Antwerp Ohio Conservation Cub web sight for Map to Range or follow directions below.
From Hicksville, Ohio
Take SR 49 South to County Road 230, third road after leaving village
Turn Left (East) on CR 230
Follow it till it ends at Township Road 53
Turn Right (South) on Road 53
The club is located on the left about 500 yards from the turn.

From Antwerp, Ohio
Take SR 49 North to County Road 230, fourth road after crossing the Maumee River
Turn Right (East) on CR230
Follow it till it ends at Township Road 53
Turn Right (South) on Road 53
The club is located on the left about 200 yards from the turn
For more info call
Bob Saum @ 419-487-0826 OR Steve Wynn @ 419-399-7862

Last edited:
Who is running the matches? Byron told me last August he was not going to run any more shoots because of his health. Mike T.

Last edited:
I am going to ride up and check it out and see how things pan out before bringing any equipment. Hope to see you there Scott.

It was real slow in Van Wert last year too. Will not be any rimfire this year due to lack of interest. Mike T.

My apologies for ignoring the questions folks!! I am getting wound up on the big Walleye run going on now off Lake Erie. This time of year it's priority #1. But as far as the matches, Byron has turned loose of the rifle range at Antwerp. I am going to be trying to turn up the interest for everyone that shoots a rimfire rifle.Since we do not run matches for sanctioned points, we are going to be shooting Varmint targets for score. It should be good practice for those that shoot ARA and BR, at the same time those that shoot squirel and cans. The comment about Van Wert can be said the same for Van Wert, Wabash, Fort Wayne and many other matches at clubs around the area. So we will see if a different theme will draw some interest in the competive shooting sports we all enjoy.Matches at Black Swamp Club seems to be holding on at Delphos Ohio, but they shoot center fire only. We will be doing a similar centerfire match on the 3rd weekend of the month also starting in May. I am setting the rules in stone at the first match. at that time it will also be determined if we shoot 3 classes or if the FM class has no interest it will be Unlimited or Custom and factory only. This year we are also getting a feel for what you the shooter wants to shoot and set the layout for the years following this year, I am listening and willing to do what needs to be done to bring in the shooters and ensure a class match for all. The targets I am using will be the targets Dave Todd which have proven popular for their Varmint for score matches for years, Like I said the theme for this year and hope to get your support for the good of the sport in this area!! Hope to see you all there!!

Last edited:
If 22 BR matches are scheduled in the NW Ohio area I would hope they will be promoted here. On the other hand I dont know with gas at $4.50 by then.

I wonder if those shooetrs have ever shot USBR (25 and 50 yds) and/or A23/5 at 50 with IRON sights?? None for points-just for fun..
Thanks.

langenc, we used to shoot the A23/5, 50 yds, irons. Just seems like everybody lost interest. As the match director, it got old loading up all my equipment for match, driving to range, waiting for nobody to show up, then having to unload it all again for nothing. Byron told me the same thing happened at Antwerp. They also used the A23/5. I hope Wildcater's new format will turn it around. Am definately interested to see how it goes for them. They have a nice range to shoot at. Mike T.

Maybe some of them will shoot and post scores over on rimfirecentral, but probably not, if they wont come to a match.. I guess they are too difficult.

Just to remind everyone, Sunday the 6th @ 11:00am at Antwerp, we promise to test your skills and have a good time!!! Hope to see you this Sunday morning!!! Thanks Bob

We are allowing 17's to shoot in River Bend's matches and there seems to be a growing amount of interest. Right now we shoot at 50 and 100 but I want to sink some tubes at 75 yards and shoot 3 yardages.

www.rbgc.org check out the venues page

Back