New NF 15-55X52 Competition scope

Yep, it's a full 8 oz. lighter than the 12-42 BR model. Plus, no illum. reticle and a 52 mm obj. rather than the 56mm on the BR models. On a HV gun, that extra 8 oz will sure be nice a bit lower in the rifle.

They'll sell a bunch of 'em......:cool:

Dick: You know there not going to be cheep! I'd have to look through one before I would pay the money. Better yet I might try and win one.

Joe Salt

I had a NF comp. couldn't keep the front lens tight in its support ring. Always going out of focus. NF was great about it and replaced it with a new scope. I sold it never opening the box seal.

At 42X there was a very distinct purple haze to the image....chromatic aberration. Possibly the extra low dispersion glass will cure this. Greg

I have previously owned 3 of the 12-42 BR models and found them to be excellent scopes, but the eye relief was just too short. I suffered many a cut, bloody nose. I hope the new scope has longer eye relief.
Dick

The NF competition scope uses ED glass which is supposed to deal with the chromatic aberration issue. Published weight difference of 2.8oz heavier - actual delta from a form member 3.17 oz heavier then the March 10x60 scope BR. Published values comp. NF 27.8oz, March 25oz.

Anyone try the new Kahles K1050, 10-50x56mm?

Theres only two Kahles prototypes one is with a shooter in Germany for evaluation.

NF RRP is 10% cheaper than March equivalent might get shut of mine if any good, had enough.
Might have mentioned else where putting 2 + 2 together 18 months ago, wonder if these are what Deon were hush hush about. Certain areas very Deon like plus ED glass and price to match.
Been trying to get hold of an NF for about 6 weeks, still non in the country.

Kahles K1050 is either already in the USA or will be in around 2 weeks.....from what the little birdy told me....

ED glass myths

The NF competition scope uses ED glass which is supposed to deal with the chromatic aberration issue. Published weight difference of 2.8oz heavier - actual delta from a form member 3.17 oz heavier then the March 10x60 scope BR. Published values comp. NF 27.8oz, March 25oz.

Anyone try the new Kahles K1050, 10-50x56mm?

One the subject of extra low dispersion glass. It isn't so much the ED glass that deals with chromatic aberration ( of which there are many types ) it's the lens construction. The ED glass reduces the number of elements required in each group to deal with it. Lenses could be made that addressed various types of chromatic aberration before these Ed glass types became available. But even when ED glassed is used they really only deal with the lateral chromatic aberration which is nearly fully corrected. Longitudinal chromatic aberration and several others are not addressed at all and for the most part probably don't need to be. However they could be albeit at the expense of greater weight and money.
Andy.

Back