New member new riffffle

edgerat

6mmBR built by Rick Beginski, 40x BR action, fluted dave kiff oversize bolt, holland bolt handle, bat machine trigger guard, jewell trigger, McMillan MBR tracker from Bill Shehane, EGW 20moa base and as soon as the marinetex is set I will be putting the NF rings and 12-42 nightforce on it. This is a no-turn .272 neck as I am new to BR shooting and rick thought it would be nice for me to be able to shoot factory lapua ammo for a while before having to reload. I can't say enough nice things about Rick! :D

my6mmbr.jpg

pretty nice!!!

Your a luky guy...you have a rifle built by one of the best....his metal work and stock work is second to none....it shuld be very competitive if he "touched" it......listen to his advice abut shooting it also!!!....Is that a 1.250" bbl (what brand.) ...and start reloading NOW,,,get some Lapua brass and stuff them with whatever he reccomends and you will be shooting groups that will make u grin rite off the bat...Roger

Looks like you'll be shooting the 600 and 1000 yard game since the stock you have is not for legal for registered match use in the short range game. If I'm not mistaken that's a McMillan Tooley MBR 1000 yard stock. Did you know this when you got into it?

Paul

If I'm not mistaken that's a McMillan Tooley MBR 1000 yard stock.Paul
yeah, you're mistaken. It is a Shehane-designed stock. But it is a long-range rifle. The 20-MOA bases are one real good clue; they don't work too well on a point-blank setup.

Charles,

Here is a picture of my Tooley MBR stock, other then color scheme, looking at the grip and forend they look like the same stock.

The scope base can be changed, relatively inexpensively, changing the stock is another thing.

Paul

Attachments

• Old Glory.jpg
    Old Glory.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 343
yes, I should have mentioned this was built for the 600yd game :D I am waiting on my sinclair rest to get here and I need to get ahold of Mr. Shehane and get a couple edgewood bags for it and I am off and running. I don't recall what barrel, contour or twist is on it as it whatever Rick spec'd for this build.
Isaac

HI Issac

In just a lil while you will be rattlin off specs. like an ole' pro.....if you listend to Rick ...you are on the rite trac...and Im shure you knew just what you were getin...Listen to him on powder and bullets and you will soon have enuf lil wooden shingles to re-do the dog house...hahaha...Roger

looking at the grip and forend they look like the same stock. Paul
Coming off the bottom flat, after a little less than 1/2 inch 90-degree rise, the sides of the forearm on my MBR, and I think yours, are concave. The Shehane doesn't have a 1/2" flat on the side -- much smaller -- and the slope of the sides is a little convex. There are some difference in the butt, too.

Thank You Charles E.,

I've now looked at Bill's site as well as the McMillan Family site. It seems Bill has a deal with McMillan much like the Tom Meridith deal, he sells his stocks that are made by them... McMillan only shows Tooleys stocks, yet Bills site has his stocks... and I do now see the differences however very slight.

I am enlightened.

Nice long range rig you got there!

Paul

Dave's design was, as I remember, done for Kelley McMillan -- they requested it. He basically adapted a McHale pattern stock for long-range use. The design was intended to favor benchrest use, but also to accommodate other applications.

Bill Shehane the other hand, paid McMillan to make a mold & then the stocks, and I believe McMillan sells the stocks only to Bill for resale.

The differences between the MBR & the Shehane, at least, the early ones, are quite significant. Yes, I have both.

Finally, Dave Tooley & Scott Fletcher have a new stock, available only from Dave. It is wood (several choices), and is offset to counter the torque you get when firing a bullet. Works only for right-hand twist barrels; fortunately, that's almost all of them. The forearm is 4-inches wide, and the stock comes with a 4-inch bag for your front rest. Both Dave & Scott have been known to shoot big .30s in a light gun, and they say the rifles track and handle much better with this design.

FWIW

Last edited:
Back