New Front rest for BR

Nomojo65

Please give me some advice, needing new rest- COAXIAL or standard X-Y adjustment? Let me know your thought’s!, I’m thinking farley...or Randolf? Want to shoot quickly without taking hand off rest controls, maybe just answered my own question? Also left handed control- right handed cocking handle, trigger finger!

Last edited:
If you think you may want to shoot Score or any varmint shoots where you have multiple targets on one piece of paper plus a sighter i would suggest a joy stick type rest. I have a few guns with different width stocks & at one point had a few different rests both joy stick & "standard" and ended up with 1 rest for it all.......Seb Max.....It has an adjustable width top and can handle any weight gun i would ever think of throwing on it.

Regards
Rick

Thanks, my thoughts as well?, will be for score shooting! Along time ago I shot a RB-LP CF action and grew quite adept to it, but with older rest and group shooting! Now in Airgun score shooting and thinking this might be faster to go from sighter to record bull while watching flags etc.?

Well, finally pulled trigger for a farley coaxial II, quite anxious to get it and get used to it this winter!

I’m a little frustrated right now, just received my farley coaxial II front rest L. H. Controls or so I thought?everything is on the right... vertical post, pinion, lock etc. now when I ordered I confirmed that I wanted all controls on left! And asked if left ment left or vice versa, when I opened box to assemble & knew right away this was not what I wanted or was led to believe I ordered? Box is labeled LH, invoice states LH, call made to where I ordered it, Am also trying to get ahold of farley( don’t use the # on there webpage no longer in service, but did find the right #) still no luck! So anyone familiar with farly rest? & can they be swapped over 180 deg.? Thanks for any help or advice

Last edited:
Joe
can you post a pict ?
i don't think i have ever seen a Farley that didn't have the controls on the left side

Attachments

• $$$Farley%20Rest%20Benchrest%20with%20Heavy%20Base$2.jpg
    $$$Farley%20Rest%20Benchrest%20with%20Heavy%20Base$2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
3D297D13-CEDE-4DDC-94B4-EA5B2C70B77C.jpeg, yes it came from AZ. Not AoA!, this place specializes in centerfire Br., to be fair I’m more disappointed in farley than distributor, at least they are responding... we’ll see how it goes? Just venting a little! But I do think it can be swapped over, just alot of work ( that I shouldn’t have to do ) plus not familiar with it,no instructions either and also means greater chance of breaking it or damage to it!

Last edited:
Being objective here... , might start by rotating base 180deg. Putting single point of base to rear (this would also add a third vertical adj. speed screw anybody??? If I have clearance for full movement of joystick & base is still steady? Honestly think this layout maybe beneficial for my style? If I don’t need extreme vertical on the fly?

View attachment 21725, yes it came from AZ. Not AoA!, this place specializes in centerfire Br., to be fair I’m more disappointed in farley than distributor, at least they are responding... we’ll see how it goes? Just venting a little! But I do think it can be swapped over, just alot of work ( that I shouldn’t have to do ) plus not familiar with it,no instructions either and also means greater chance of breaking it or damage to it!

Send me an email if you still have my addie. Cant find yours

Matt

Thanks to mrspradlin for his help, swapped rest over to right hand(farley face plate upside down!- oh we’ll) actually works better than before! I really dug into this rest... pretty straight forward actually! Thanks guys

Another follow up!, just got off phone with farley (Mike called me personally) Thay are sending me out a new Right hand face plate!, that’s Awsome customer support! When it’s basically my fault in first place!, also a shout-out to Bruno’s as well, very supportive! Also give anyone who has helped me along the way in this new endeavor on or involved in this airgun forum...

View attachment 21725, yes it came from AZ. Not AoA!, this place specializes in centerfire Br., to be fair I’m more disappointed in farley than distributor, at least they are responding... we’ll see how it goes? Just venting a little! But I do think it can be swapped over, just alot of work ( that I shouldn’t have to do ) plus not familiar with it,no instructions either and also means greater chance of breaking it or damage to it!

It does appear that they sent you a rest for a left handed shooter. Isn't that what you wanted? Are you a left handed shooter?

Back