NBRSA Nationals

TedH

Young and Handsome
Puzzle me this. How come when I go to the NBRSA website I can't find any information on the NBRSA nationals. Such as date and location and entry form.
Shouldn't it be posted there?
Ted

Agree. The concept of letting each region have their own section and then letting them post, or usually not to post, a schedule makes it very hard to make any plans. I think this is part of a master plan to take BR competion stealth.

Agree. The concept of letting each region have their own section and then letting them post, or usually not to post, a schedule makes it very hard to make any plans. I think this is part of a master plan to take BR competion stealth.

That's one of my pet peeves. The organization has the device(web site) for people to find all the matches held in this country annually, and never,never, never has all the match dates been posted. I keep hearing about how to gain new members. What better way for someone to find out where and when matches are being held than on the NBRSA website. Could be they need to hire IBS to keep things up to date?? IBS seems to be able to keep their match dates current. What exactly is the job of theNBRSA secretary....isn't there one on the payroll?

Later
Dave

Last edited:
What if a guy wanted to find out where the BR Nationals are but didn't have any Idea which region was hosting? BY the way I did check the GULF COAST area of the site and it didn't mention the Nationals either. BY going to the official NBRSA site you would think there weren't any national competitions.
I'm not saying the Site sucks but I am saying it is missing something important.........very important.

as usual Dave is right on the money, er- a-- schedule. and why could not a director have a calendar to look at when picking dates. it would help with conflict or should. if he knew a date near by was filled perhaps he would choose another. we have 2 matches on the same weekend in own region. this just should not be acceptable. and they wonder why attendance is down! ray

Dave, I have been battling this for years. Simple fact is that no one in our governing body cares or it would get fixed and they know about this problem. One look at the IBS web site and it doesn't take long to figure out the NBRSA problems. One well known shooter/Range owner told me a few years ago, Quote: Don't help and the NBRSA will die a slow death and we will be one organization again. I really hate to sound negative but facts are facts. All I can say is PITIFUL.

Gee, what a coincidence. I just logged on to try and find out if there was a master schedule for the NBRSA similar to the one the IBS has, and found what was mentioned here previously. I am a new shooter, started IBS score last year and couldn't get enough. I down loaded the NBRSA's membership form yesterday and thought I'd check the schedule before I sent the app. and a money order in. I gotta say I am a little disappointed. Is NBRSA trying to encourage new membership? I met a bunch of NBRSA members at the 100-200 Ibs National in Holton, Mich., and I was really impressed with the quality of the shooting, and of those folks behind the guns. It causes me to have more admiration, in that you guys can navigate these mazes, and ultimately, make it to matches! If I am missing something, please lend a helping hand. Thanks much, Charles

Most of the content for each region is left to the Regional Director. I`m not sure who manages the Main Page of the NBRSA site.
I`ll be posting the schedules for the Northwest Region here as soon as they are in my hands.
As you might guess, some of the Directors are not computer savvy, and could use some help in that area. If anyone has the skills to navigate through a blog, you might offer to help with your regional web page.
Jeff Lewis

I do not have my copy of NBRSA News at hand
The 2011 Nationals are in Midland Texas
The 2012 Nationals are in Phoenix Arizona
Check your old copies of the magazine for the exact dates
DAN

The NBRSA Nationals in Midland are September 19th thru the 24th... We got our GCR schedule from our director Scott Hunter

If a person isn't currently a member of the NBRSA then he or she wouldn't get a copy of the news mag so how would they find out?
You would think right on the main page there would be a hyper that said "NBRSA NATIONALS". Then you could click on it and find out all you wanted to know.
Ted

I guess the NBRSA doesn't have a Dick Grosbier running their website?

IBS site (Dick) is always very quick to get the info up for all to see.

Paul

NBRSA repository

It would be great to have an NBRSA repository for all things NBRSA, especially schedules and results and maybe pictures, I love pictures so I can put a face with a name. I believe that something is in the works, there will be a new Business Manager for 2011 and maybe she will provide all of us interested parties with that information. We do like new shooters, it give me an opportunity to NOT come in last!!!

Marty,

Any chance you and Jack will make it to Midland? If work cooperates, I'm hoping to shoot my first Nationals match this year!

Ryan

I would like to make it to the nationals as well. I doubt they will ever get any closer to home.

I believe the President Of The United States has empowered a committee to look into the feasability of having a match schedule czar. This should take no less than 16 months to accomplish. Please stay tuned for further developments. In the meantime we will post a form number 1040 should you consider funding this new cabinet.

Now That's FUNNY

I do not have my copy of NBRSA News at hand
The 2011 Nationals are in Midland Texas
The 2012 Nationals are in Phoenix Arizona
Check your old copies of the magazine for the exact dates
DAN

The NBRSA newsletter....HAHAHAHA. I've seen PTA newsletters look better than that.

Marty - Texans are treating me well - wish I had time to make more matches. Look forward to seeing y'all in Midland! Ryan

Back