My Best 1000 Yard Group Ever

xphunter

It is nice when you combine good quality components with good conditions.

All of these things came together for me this past weekend while shooting at 1,000 yards.

This is my best 5-shot group at 1,000 yards.

I know a good number of you routinely do this good and better, but recently I have only been able to shoot one 1,000 yard match each year.

Eric Wallace (Nawakwa Accuracy) built this rig and it shoots and tracks like a dream.
Non-designated BAT action, 1-9 twist Bartlein barrel chambered in 7mm WSM, Nawakwa brake, Jewell trigger, Nawakwa bench stock (6” forend and 3” at the grip), Sightron S-III 8-32 with target dot, and I am using a prototype MAX Rest.
Winchester brass, Fed 210M's, H-1000, and 180 grain JLK's. Redding T-7 press and competition dies.

The 5-shot group was shot this past Saturday south of Sundance, WY at the 6th Annual MOA Cold Turkey Long Range Handgun Match at 1,000 yards and measured 3.8715 inches. http://www.moaguns.com/coldturkey.html

We have two classes in this match, and I shot this group during the Heavy Gun Class (Specialty Handgun weighing no more than 16 pounds and a barrel not exceeding 18”).

To say the least, I am a happy camper-Thank you to all who helped me accomplish this.

Ernie

MOA1K.jpg

4.jpg

Now that is pretty kool.........good job.......!!!!... and you do this off a bench...???....how fast do you get those 180`s going......?????... and I`m suprised at such a slo powder with a short barrel..... is that pretty normal with these...???.....guess it shows what I know about LR pistolys....
bill larson

very nice....
if you have not shot one of these pistols...let me tell ya
it aint nowhere near as easy as shooting a rifle......

mike in co

Awsome group Ernie,congrats to you sir.It is a great feeling for sure. Tim Sellars

2570 feet per second.
Yes, it was off of a bench.
I pretty much use the same powders that longer barrels with the same chambering do.

Now that is pretty kool.........good job.......!!!!... and you do this off a bench...???....how fast do you get those 180`s going......?????... and I`m suprised at such a slo powder with a short barrel..... is that pretty normal with these...???.....guess it shows what I know about LR pistolys....
bill larson

you ever shoot with ray praxxx form colrado ??
he hit a pdog at 1100..with a pistol
mike in co

Mike, Ernie have shot a bunch of PD's over 1,000 yds himself.
I once did it @ 1,008 yds using his specialty pistol, last 2008, with Ernie's guidance. I still remember it.

seb.

Back