My 1913 Anschutz target

Well, tell him to try harder next time... ;-)

There isn't quite anything so humbling as having someone demonstrate, conclusively, with your own gun, that it's not a hardware problem...

Cheers,

GsT

Yes sir! I'm thinking of finding a driver for it. Tony, yes I've been fooling with it for close to a year. The barreled action came from a friend, Jon Hammond. Anschutz picked the barrel and action for him to shoot in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Jon is a Scot and shot for the UK team. He put it up and has been the very successful rifle coach at WVU. I met Jon when my Grandson played football at WVU. I told Jon that I wanted to build an inexpensive club rifle. I first bought his assistant coach's KK300Walther. I built a tuner about 15 years ago and put it on and got a unletted maple stock from Don Stith and it was a top 5 rifle in our club. We have a couple Stiller built 2500X rifles, several Anschutz, 40X and 52s and a bunch of CZs shooting in our club. A good friend offered what I had in the Walther and I told Jon to send the 1913. I had a Terry Leonard stock that I bought some time back and had Keith Weil inlet and bed it, put a Harrel's tuner on it, a bloop tube, and had Kenny Youngblood paint it.Todd Toenges reworked the trigger. Joe Besche was kind enough to match the Midas+ to it and set the tuner.
That is the rest of the story.

Back