LT32; 80gr.bullets

old_dood

had Bruno's include a pound on a recent order but can't find any data for 80gr (Berger FB) bullets in my 6mmbr. Manufacturer's response was "keep checking back". Anyone have a safe load? thanks.

lt32 load info

Look on accurate powder website under load data. Last blue box on load data screen. They show data for 87 grain vmax.

I got no dawg in this fight but isn't that a perty fast powder for pushing 80's???

In my mind it'll serve better w/40-55gr stuff.

What's the gain of using it for 80's?

al

ooops....... edit edit edit...... I misread the caliber, for some reason my brain interpreted "80 grains" as .224 bullets. It's still fast, but more OK for 6mm 80's

Last edited:
Ive shjot 30.5 grs in the ppc maybe that will help.
From what I see its similar to N133 pretty fast on thee burn rate chart.
At 30 .5 grs it is quite warm The temps are in the low 30,s here so that why I managed to get away with it.
I think 30.5 grs should work in the 6 Br Just work it up.

OK, I see the numbers on the Accurate chart for 70g and 87g. I'll just extrapolate for my 80g's. I'm thinking 25.5 to start and up to maybe 28.7 max. Should have checked that chart before posting.

From what I see the pressure is not a big problem . plenty of velocity and no pressure signs yet.
In the cold weather here I doubt that i could get enough powder in the ppc case to get into trouble , With lot 2.
I am getting great velocitys. nice gentle pressure curves and nothing eratic. I gave some to my friend Bill
today. He will be working with it in his Br, although with 68 gr bullets

Back