Lt 30

B

bigfish

Has there been anymore info on availability or performance. The last I heard was Jan.

Steve

Has there been anymore info on availability or performance. The last I heard was Jan.

Steve

I was contacted by Western Powders this past December, requesting bullets for [LT30] load DATA development, which I gladly provided. When I asked about availability, the reply was, "it should be at distributors about mid-first quarter of 2015." RG

I am supposed to get a sample after the Shot Show, and when it arrives, I will be testing it in my 6PPC, and a tight neck .222 bench rifle, comparing velocities, and top loads, with 133 and pre-production LT32. I will report my findings here. I expect that the LT 30 will work fine this winter, but we won't know the rest of the story (for a 6PPC) until the temperature warms up in the middle of summer. It is supposed to be the same speed as 4198, which I never tried because of grain size/throwing issues, and because people told me that in hot weather it is hard to drop your load fast enough as the day warms up. Perhaps LT 30 will be better in this regard, I know that I will be able to throw it well.

Boyd,
Not trying to be a smart a%#, but what value would a comparison to pre-production LT 32 to the new LT 30 be to anyone other than you? No one can get any pre-production LT 32.
Again, not trying to be smart, just curious.
Thanks.

I have 3 pounds of LT30 on the way here as I type. im going to shoot it in my 22 lil skeeter case. I hope its a winner. Lee

Last edited:
Yes, I thought of that. I will probably be able to borrow a small sample of current production LT32 from a friend to do a little velocity and comparison work with the 6PPC. Also, I may simply be able to ask him what the difference is between pre and current production since he has data for both.

Back