Loss of a Great Competitor RON HOEHN

Scott St Louis

It is with heavy heart and sadness that I bring you all some very sad news. The Bench Rest community has lost another great member.
Ron Hoehn passed away suddenly yesterday (Monday May 29th) after having a bad turn in the last couple of days. He was just at the range last week and we were discussing his comeback.
He was feeling good and ready to win a few bets and maybe take a watch or two. I believe he saw an opening on bench 31 at the greatest Bench Rest Range of all and took his place on the firing line.

I believe him to be sitting at bench 31 with a light breeze from left to right finishing a teen agg at 200 yards thinking of who else he can bet a dollar with.

Though we had many arguments over the years and we rarely saw eye to eye, Ron was my mentor and dear friend and will be greatly missed here at the
St. Louis Bench Rest Rifle Club that he helped build and Run for so many Years.

So much more could be said, Its just a very sad day here a the range---Scott Pieper

P.S. As I get more information I will post it here or on the Club Website

Just got word-- Ron's Obituary is listed at Baue.com , visitation will be this Saturday at the Baue Funeral home 3950 West Clay, St. Charles, Mo. Memorials can be made to the salvation Army or the NRA in Ron's name if you would like.

Last edited:
So sad to hear. I always looked forward to stopping by Ron's shop whenever I went to St, Louis matches. He was always so friendly and helpful. Prayers for his family.

This is a great loss to all. Wish I had more to write but I'm kinda "dumb struck" by this sad news....

I met Ron at the "OLD" St Louis Club, a few years back, and he as been a friend every since. It is with a heavy heart that I say "GOOD BYE"

Its been a tough late 2018 and Winter of 2019

This is a great loss to all. Wish I had more to write but I'm kinda "dumb struck" by this sad news....

A Euber, Sid Goodling, Ron Hoehn and several others. Ouch!!! My condolences to his family and friends.

Thank you, Scott, for your well stated farewell - yet another BR great and exceptional personality gone to heaven: unlimited range-time and no limits betting. R.I.P., Ron. RG

My heart sinks

To hear this news.

I had not been to St.Louis all but 3 times I believe but one of the highlights was stopping and talking shooting, politics, and poker. Many times Ron would ask about our politics in Canada.....

RIP Ron

Calvin

Scott, thanks for posting the passing of Ron Hoehn. I also heard yesterday that he had passed away. He had been ill for quite some time.

Ron had built rifles for me, and he got me started in benchrest shooting. He was always helpful, and offered to be available when I was learning on the range. He will be missed.

Sad news indeed. I will sure miss the banter and betting with Ron I've had over the years. He fought a lot of health issues the last couple of years.

RIP Ron

Also, sorry for your loss Jo Ann.

Later
Dave

The shooting world has truly lost a good soul, he will be missed by many. The stories he has told, and lived will live on forever. Please give our regards to JoAnn and family.
Dave

This brings me to pleasant thoughts of our get togethers and jiving at Nationals, Super Shoots and other big matches. I will cherish even more now the walnut plaque he sent me for my supplying Janette with bullets, primers, powder and a rifle with which she won the National Junior Championship. With the plaque he also sent a warm letter to encourage Janette. He didn’t have, he just did. That’s the kind of guy he is. I don’t want to say he was just yet.

Great loss indeed

This is a very sad news and a great loss to our benchrest community, RIP my friend "Froggie"!

So sad we keep losing our friends. The first time I met Ron was at the Super Shoot a number of years ago, he had a poker game going in the block building (Texas Hold Em) he had a pile of money in from of him and was looking for fresh meat. RIP Ron

Dan Honert

Oh man

Very sorry to read about his passing. Only chatted with him a couple times and he seemed like a good fella. RIP. WD

Thank you to everyone

Dad was definitely a great competitor. So much so that he hung on to every single competitive cell in his body when my sister Terri and I were conceived -- we're as un-competitive as it gets! :)

My family appreciates the outpouring of support shown by all those in the benchrest community, and the patience of Hoehn Sales' customers, as we get past these first couple weeks. Please know that we have some of the best help in the business working with us to wrap things up for my dad as he would have wanted done.

Speaking solely for myself and no one else, I'm not sure he's made it to Heaven yet. I think he's still trying to bargain the best deal between the two as he's deserving to take his place in either spot! Love you dad!!!

Back