Long time away

J

JR_@_SAHUARO_1K

At last - I was able to attend the Saturday 1K match at Sahuaro (Three Points).

It has been over eight years since I last shot this match. All the guys were great and Ross even let me win something - as usual Karl managed the match without a hitch.

The only problem was that I forgot how to read the desert switch back winds and what heat will do to your load. Back to loading room!

What fun ! Jerry

They should start the matches at 4 AM in the summer. Will you be there next month?

I'll be at the next match.

I'm in the process of building a new light rifle, hope it shoots as well as Dale's.

Good, I would like to see a good turnout for the match. And good luck.

I started with a Bat MB RB.LP.RE. action added a #17 1-8 Krieger .264 barrel put it in a (begged) MBR McMillan added a Jewell trigger and topped it with a Nightforce BR 8-32. I just bedded it yesterday so I'll be cleaning it up today. I weighted it last night and it is 17# 6 1/2 OZ with the unfinished 31" Krieger BBL and without the Vais brake. I really hate to cut the barrel shorter than 28" so I may buy an aluminum scope base and sell the SS I have it to save a few OZ's. Cutting off the barrel will reduce the weight about 2.5 OZ per inch. I might add the cost of building one of these guns is staggering.

Back