Leupold Competition 45MM Alumina Flip Back Covers

Tone

Hi there,

I wondered if you can point me please in the direction of how to get my hands on a 45mm Alumina flip back cover for my competition.

I am a massive Leupold fan and have three leups in total and the comp is the only one that does not have the option of the Alumina covers (I have purchased them for my VXII & MK4).

I have emailed Leupold directly but without a response. Will the Leupold Custom shop do them?

I would think that out of all the Leupod owners it is the competition owners who would want the option of covers the most, so i dont quite understand why they have not made a 45mm one.

I would be happy to pay over the odds for one as I think they finish off what is a great scope in every way.

Hope you can help over there in the land of Leupold :D.

Thanks

Tony

Last edited:
Yep I thought so too.
If you look around their site there are a couple of other brands that are a whole lot cheaper.

Thanks Vern

We have those size options over here but I cant see a 45mm which is the competition objective diameter, the pictures on that website dont do them justice, here they are on my MK4 that I use for HFT competitions (reparallaxed for airrifle ranges): View attachment 12468

I was hoping that someone may of may of cracked this problem (not a massive problem in the scheme of things I know), not sure why Leupold dont make them. Maybe they dont sell enough competition scopes to justify the tooling investment, but you would of thought they want to support their whole range?

Tone
I have never seen flip caps used in BR competition. We don't want the weight.

A good point well made, I hadn't thought of that.

My set up is well within the weight limits of the different class I shoot so was happy to add a bit of bling.

cheers for the replys.

Tony

Tone
I have never seen flip caps used in BR competition. We don't want the weight.
Francis,
You 10.5 pound shooters all think as if there are no other classes. I have seen quite a few flip top lens caps used on 13.5lb , 17lb and heavy guns. The new 10-50x Sightron even comes with them. I personally think they are too ugly too use but never felt them to be too heavy.
Dick

I have actually been considering using them as they are easier to use than the screw in caps that come stock, but not at that price.
I had considered the Butlers but then heard that they dont seem to last too long, and since we open and close them at least 10 times a day at a match I didnt figure that would be a good deal.

I have actually been considering using them as they are easier to use than the screw in caps that come stock, but not at that price.
I had considered the Butlers but then heard that they dont seem to last too long, and since we open and close them at least 10 times a day at a match I didnt figure that would be a good deal.

Vern, Bill Krazinski used to offer leather caps for the Leup Comp scope. I have two sets and they are the cats meow! If you can find them I would seriously consider them. Easy on and off.

I have a set of leather ones for a sightron.
Didnt know where to find them.
Do you have an email address or contact info or maybe a website?

I have a set of leather ones for a sightron.
Didnt know where to find them.
Do you have an email address or contact info or maybe a website?

It was Allied Shooters Supply, but the website link from vendors here doesn't work. He may be out of business. Don't know where else you might get them but somebody has to be making them as they are just too good a solution to a problem. --Greg

Back