Left the range

Gary Sinclair

It is truly with a heavy heart that I have to report that my very dear friend and shooting partner, Richard Mooers has left the range and gone to quieter and gentler places to be with our Lord and his family. Richard has been fighting a valiant fight with his second bout of prostate cancer when his frail body just could not take any more. Richard was an accomplished Southern California shooter that has held a Worlds Record and was the over all winner of the only three day Cactus Classic held in 2001. His witt, generosity and friendship will be sorely missed by all who knew him. The Benchrest community is truly diminished! Gary Sinclair

Gary it is a sad loss and especially so at this time of year. Richard was a prince of a gentleman to all he met. My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Jim

This is a painful Loss to me

It is truly with a heavy heart that I have to report that my very dear friend and shooting partner, Richard Mooers has left the range and gone to quieter and gentler places to be with our Lord and his family. Richard has been fighting a valiant fight with his second bout of prostate cancer when his frail body just could not take any more. Richard was an accomplished Southern California shooter that has held a Worlds Record and was the over all winner of the only three day Cactus Classic held in 2001. His witt, generosity and friendship will be sorely missed by all who knew him. The Benchrest community is truly diminished! Gary Sinclair

I will sorely miss his wit and friendship. I had hoped he would beat the PC again and rejoin us at the matches. It's a painful loss. ----Bill

Gary

I am saddened to hear of Richard's passing. I very much enjoyed the times I shot with Richard at Visalia. You, his many other friends, and his family have my condolences during this difficult time.

Ryan Harrison

Gary

So sorry to hear of this loss to us all but especially to you. I know that he was a treasured friend.
Our prayers are with you and his family at this sad time.

Gene

Gary, while I did not know Richard personally, we are all diminished when a fellow of like pursuit passes. Our prayers and best wishes to his familly.

Back