Lathe question-Republic

rogn

Went to a school surplus auction yesterday and stuck my hand up to scratch ear at wrong moment. Wound up owning a 12" Republic lathe. Price wasnt too bad, I dont think. Question is -Have I done something stupid(had lots practice) or is this a reasonable lathe for a backyard gunsmithing? Might put lathe on porch next to refrigerator.

Going to pick it up tomorrow, and will get some more iso then. Dunno only open it when its cool out. Next we have to assume I can get smart enough to get a picture onto my computer then on the internet. Lastime I did that about 5 years ago, I lost some hair, was yellin' at the puppies and the wife wouldnt talk to me for 3 weeks................Let me get my camera..

limited info.

Well the lathe is sitting quietly in my son's garage. Cleaned some of the patina off of it and the only ID is that it's 12" and the SN plate is blank. It was apparently purchase in 1975, so it's an oldie. Tried calling Republic-Lagun but havent made contact yet. Gotta find camera and get a picture or two. Mostly dirty, with little or no signs of wear, missing lube pump. Dont know enough of what Im looking at to understand quite a bit. Need some good literature on care and feeding of unit

Back