Kelbly/March Road Tour

James A. Kelbly

People have been asking where the Kelbly Rifle and March Scope tour will be this coming New Year. The following is what I have scheduled. As always we are looking at new venues for several reasons. One is to hopefully bring in new shooters to events Kelbly’s and March are involved in. The other reason is these events are not familiar with Kelbly Rifles or March Scopes. We invite anyone interested in seeing Kelbly Rifles or actions and March Scopes to stop by the events we are going to.

January 16 – 18 2015 PRS rifle event at Nellis Air Force base outside of Las Vegas, sponsored by Kelbly’s
January 20 – 23 2015 Shot Show at Sands Convention Center Las Vegas
February 5 – 7 2015 Predator Masters at SCI Headquarters in Tucson, Arizona evening showing only
February 10 – 15 2015 Berger SW F Class Nationals Ben Avery Phoenix Arizona.
February 28 2015 Shilen Rifles Swap Meet Ennis Texas
June 22 – 28 2015 US Open Sporting Clays Hainesville, IL 60030
Camp Perry Ohio in July no exact dates yet.
September 22 – 26 2015 Benchrest World Championship St Louis, MO

As we add dates for the year, I will update you here on this Forum.

Jim Kelbly

Welcome!

JIM: In all the travels you plan if you get by the beaches of Florida the invitation I give you and your bride to stay and visit with my bride and I still stands. Say hello to family and happy New Year to you and yours. Jim C.

To not be at Super Shoot would be like the Holman's not at Indy 500. There are shoots on Memorial weekend, but Super Shoot is too big for me to miss. Beaches in Florida, always on my mind and will probably be passing thru in late 2015 or 2016. Thank you for invite and would love to see you again

Jim

Jim: Are you aware of the Triple Crown at Kettlefoot on Memorial day weekend in 2015? We are trying to get it started as the "super shoot" of rim fire br. We can handle 180 and 180 already signed up including several international attendees. Happy New Year! bob

The Us open is in my home state of Illinois this year? I didn't realize. Maybe I need to pick up my shotgun a little this summer. The last US open I attended I left with a big smile on my face and a new shotgun in the truck. Good times!!!! I just might see you there!!!! Lee

The Us open is in my home state of Illinois this year? I didn't realize. Maybe I need to pick up my shotgun a little this summer. The last US open I attended I left with a big smile on my face and a new shotgun in the truck. Good times!!!! I just might see you there!!!! Lee

Not many sporting clays guns with scopes on em. Hope to see you at a prs event and the swap meet

I saw a shotgun that was waaaaay too long and had a really nice scope on it. Pretty sure it was a special purpose kinda deal for something that I don't remember.....was cool though. What was cool is that the guys that did whatever it is that I can't remember worked really hard at winning.

Jim: Are you aware of the Triple Crown at Kettlefoot on Memorial day weekend in 2015? We are trying to get it started as the "super shoot" of rim fire br. We can handle 180 and 180 already signed up including several international attendees. Happy New Year! bob

Bob, not to answer for Jim but that is the week of the Super Shoot. The SS ends on Saturday and I plan to drive in from the SS that night to be able to visit that big rimfire event. I live and shoot there ya' know.

While you are at Kettlefoot look on bench #2.

http://ir5050.com/

that is our 60 bench rimfire range, part of our magnificent gun club.

Last edited:
Jerry: One of the nice things about going to Kettlefoot is the walk down memory lane seeing the names on benches. I don't remember who bought #2 but will look next time I'm there. Don't look for my name, I was still chasing skeet targets when the range was built. Catch me next time. bob

Jerry: One of the nice things about going to Kettlefoot is the walk down memory lane seeing the names on benches. I don't remember who bought #2 but will look next time I'm there. Don't look for my name, I was still chasing skeet targets when the range was built. Catch me next time. bob
Bob, I'll try to look you up that Sunday if I can make it back in time.

I had lunch today with a couple of the Calfee and Eck hot guns, Jim Pepper and David Cook a couple of Kettlefoot shooters who will be there in May. They tell me there will be shooters from as far away as Australia and that the cutoff is already met and there is a waiting list in case of cancellations. Hope you have a spot already.

Oh, #2 is me.

Last edited:
Jerry: No shooters have had to put $$ in the pot yet so the list will likely change before we get to May. Yes the AU and GB gangs are coming and yes I'm on the list.

So you had lunch with those two characters. Did you check for your wallet when it was over and where was the 200 year old man? I never pass up an opportunity to have lunch with those two and with Truman along its always a hoot. Wish I were closer so it could happen more frequently. bob

Back