jay young rail gun slide's

rsmithsr

ya know the little plastic bits that the whole thing slides on...well PMA is handling replacement sets with installation tool. seems jay be way too busy, and pma has taken over the task. hot mine and install was simple

I recently replaced my plastic railgun points (pins) with the ones from PMA. Here are a few things to know:
1) The points are very slightly larger than 0.5" in diameter. They are an easy press fit into a 0.5" hole. I did not use any adhesive when installing them and so far they have remained tight.
2)Included with the set is a short nylon punch with a concave end that matches the convex pin end. This should be used when installing the pins. Install the pins with the convex (rounded) side up. I have been told by a rail gun manufacturer that the shape of the pin's tip did not matter as long as they were round.
3) Level the base. Install the pins. Place the top on the base and level the top side to side by adjusting the height of the two side pins. Front to back leveling is done using front adjustment screw built into the base. My side pin holes were blind holes and drilled correctly. The side to side leveled perfectly when the pins bottomed out on the bottom of the holes.
4) If your side pin holes are not blind then it is up to you to get the pin heights correct using trial and error. You may want to use something like a c-clamp rather then a hammer the better to make small adjustments.
I know this is rather detailed and wordy but I hope it helps especially as there were no instructions and if this is your first attempt.

Last edited:
Back