Jacksonville FL ranges?

K

Kav

Hey all, got situated in JAX (sorta) and have started work so now I actually might have a bit of time to actually shoot again... lookin to build a new gun and curious if there are any matches around the jacksonville area. Hope all is well with my fellow shooters.

Kavanaugh

Hey Kav,
I enjoyed visiting with you this morning. Did the movers get your stuff for you? The old floor was pretty hard wasn't it. I don't know where the ranges are at but maybe you can look up Bernie Burba, Esten Spears, Larry Costa, and others.
Butch

Yeah, Uncle Sugars movin crew showed up.

The last week felt like when I moved out as a teenager.. I had nothing, ate pb sandwiches and slept on the floor...cept back then I was 18. Our Senior Chief just smiled and said "welcome to the Navy Sir.."

Kav...

Yeah, Uncle Sugars movin crew showed up.

The last week felt like when I moved out as a teenager.. I had nothing, ate pb sandwiches and slept on the floor...cept back then I was 18. Our Senior Chief just smiled and said "welcome to the Navy Sir.."

If I can find you an air mattress with a nice flame job, I'll send it to you. You'll never know when you might need one of those. Good luck buddy.... Scott

Kav--

I was born & raised in Jacksonville, just after they changed the name from Cowford, Fla. gpoldblue post here every now and then, I believe he is ther in Jacksonville. There was a shoot there end of last year or first of this year, I think it was called "The Jacksonville Crawfish Shoot". You did bring a fishing pole too, dincha?
If you see my sister tell her "Hey, how ya'll doin"!!

Best of luck!

Steve Moore

Jacksonville, Fl Ranges

Kav the Range that was refered to in Jacksonville is called "Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club". They have all kinds of shooting going on there. The "Crawfish Shoot" that was mentioned is a IR 50/50, 2 day shoot for Rimfire. It's sort of the start of the season for rimfire and progresses from there. Call Bill Smith (Rimfire Range Director) at 904 - 276 - 1008 or 904 - 542 - 2157 he will be able to direct you to the correct person you need to talk to.

Hey all, got situated in JAX (sorta) and have started work so now I actually might have a bit of time to actually shoot again... lookin to build a new gun and curious if there are any matches around the jacksonville area. Hope all is well with my fellow shooters.

Kavanaugh

Kav,

I'm not exactly right around the corner from you, but you are more than welcome to come on up to Vidalia, Ga any time you want to shoot. Our club has a 300 yard range, with a covered firing point and stable concrete benches.

Also, the Dublin club has score matches each month, and the Shamrock around St. Patrick's Day.

Jim

Kav, I've been to the range wooten's talking about, and it's nice too!! he just smoke's my butt everytime we shoot,,,,,,,, we have a ball @ the club match's in dublin, they usually start in jan and run thur oct, good shooter's but really GREAT guys and a couple gal's (we had a 15-16 year old girl school us in factory varmit in oct,,, she beat us like a rented mule),, look forward to meeting you there soon,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,

DD

Kav, i wish they would start shooting score matches at Gateway. i have shot lots IR 50/50 matches there. Need someone to convience Denis Glasscock to start centerfire back up....... Lynn Moss

yeah, not to keen on rimfire.. no offense to those who shoot it, just not my thing. If GW doesn't start up a CF group then I imagine the other ranges aren't too awfully far. First I gotta get to work building another gun. Does anyone use the 6ppc any more or has it become the 222? :D

yeah, not to keen on rimfire.. no offense to those who shoot it, just not my thing. If GW doesn't start up a CF group then I imagine the other ranges aren't too awfully far. First I gotta get to work building another gun. Does anyone use the 6ppc any more or has it become the 222? :D

I think the 408 CheyTech has taken over the short range game.....better get right out and build one.....:D :D

Hovis

Centerfire Benchrest in FL

Kav,
I haven't met you but you seem to know some of my Texas Friends. I am in Ocala and shoot both NBRSA Group and IBS Score matches. Unfortunately the matches are a ways south of me and would be a pretty good haul from JAX. Manatee Gun Club at Bradenton, Lakeland, & Eustace Gun Club. It would be great if you could stir up some interest in JAX area.
Some of the bigger NBRSA Group shoots you should consider are: Winds of Manatee, Feb, Bradenton FL, The Shamrock March Dublin GA, Rachels Glen, Alabama, and I always go to the Crawfish April Tomball TX to shoot with my Texas Friends.
It's the same game! 6PPC for group, and 30PPC or 30BR for Score!
I look forward to meeting You!
Esten Spears

Back