Is there a thread with "Jay, Idaho"s tool to do lug cam's?

csdilligaf

I have found threads that talk about it being a good designed tool but have come up empty in my search. It looks like he has not posted for a few years.

thanks,

Jay, Idaho

Sorry to hear bad news but I was told he has passed away. Here is a link to some tools used to get the job done though
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/gunsmithing/receiver-locking-lugs-construction-172498/

You are correct, sir.....................my good friend Jay Idaho passed away May 26, 2010. Jay was only 68 years old, but he touched many a soul in his time. He was a splendid man and a real thinker........nothing could keep him from finding a solution.....he always accepted it as a challenge. Jay was trained as a tool and die maker, and spent his years applying his trade in Detroit, as well as many other places, and even did a stint in the Middle East training the locals there on the maintenance and machining of jet aircraft that the US had supplied. Jay and I met when we shot together at the Montana 1000 yard shoots..............he was the one that I always looked forward to sharing time with. Jay was quite a guy, and I miss his company very much. In the beginning, he would come off as a "country bumpkin", but it didn't take long to see that he was a very intelligent and talented man.

Back