Imgur

If your question is how to get the pic from imgur to appear in your message w/o the need for anyone clicking a link:

Just click on your pic in imgur. The image will open in a new larger screen. On the right side, click on your image size (medium works well), then click on the text box that says 'Forums and Message Boards'. This keeps it as a copy/paste. Now enter your message here just do a 'copy/paste' with your mouse and drop it in your message.

If I misunderstood your post please disregard. -Al

If your question is how to get the pic from imgur to appear in your message w/o the need for anyone clicking a link:

Just click on your pic in imgur. The image will open in a new larger screen. On the right side, click on your image size (medium works well), then click on the text box that says 'Forums and Message Boards'. This keeps it as a copy/paste. Now enter your message here just do a 'copy/paste' with your mouse and drop it in your message.

Thanks Al.
Tried it. click on image. It got bigger. see nothing about size????

Last edited:

found it thanks.
Old version....BBCode link.....

51qjPPds.jpg

Got on Imgur. Made a post of a jpg. Tried to upload here, copy attachment, drag and drop, finally reply to a new post and could copy/paste url to comment page. But, no picture.
https://imgur.com/gallery/vKdzLii

Click on an image in Imgur. When it comes up right click on it and choose copy image address. Next click on the picture/insert image icon in the message pane here and choose from url. paste the image url into the slot and uncheck the Retrieve remote file and reference locally box. Click ok and your image will appear at the size you want and not be one of those piddly thumbnails that you have to click on to see larger.

Once the pic is up you can click on the blue copy button next to direct link on the side menu. You still have to paste it using the picture icon.

Last edited:
Click on an image in Imgur. When it comes up right click on it and choose copy image address. Next click on the picture/insert image icon in the message pane here and choose from url. paste the image url into the slot and uncheck the Retrieve remote file and reference locally box. Click ok and your image will appear at the size you want and not be one of those piddly thumbnails that you have to click on to see larger.

Once the pic is up you can click on the blue copy button next to direct link on the side menu. You still have to paste it using the picture icon.

Thanks.

Wow that was huge. How to make smaller?

What is this? Once the pic is up you can click on the blue copy button next to direct link on the side menu. You still have to paste it using the picture icon.[/QUOTE]
I don't follow. Is this back in Imgur?

D64I8fw.jpg

Last edited:
D64I8fwm.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
D64I8fwt.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

D64I8fws.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

medium
D64I8fwm.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

think I got it. Click image and "view and edit post" window opens. At bottom pick size. Medium thumbnail looks good. Click on "linked BBCode".
Insert image in post/massage window.

Last edited:
Wow that was huge. How to make smaller?

What is this? Once the pic is up you can click on the blue copy button next to direct link on the side menu. You still have to paste it using the picture icon.
I don't follow. Is this back in Imgur?

......................................................................................

On Imgur you have your uploaded pics. If you click on one it enlarges and you get a side menu with 6 different link options. For me the second option is called direct link, the 5th from the top is called BBCode. Beneath that link menu I see choices for size. I use original. If you copy the direct link you have to paste it into the picture icon url bar in order to see it here. If you copy the BBCode link you simply paste it here.

As for picture size you have 2 choices. Size it BEFORE you upload it or use the Imgur software to size it AFTER you upload it. 600 x 600 pixels is usually a decent size.

Back