How to mount CF Tuner

F

fredrick

I would like to start experimenting with centerfire tuners--I would like to know the best tuner to barrel mounting [clamping] procedure. I do not want to thread the barrel since I will be using several different barrels. One method of attachment must be better than another--diagrams or pictures would be very helpful---thanks in advance for any and all info---fredrick
PS --my first post

You can "Search" for "tuners" in the archives, mostly Centerfire and come up with several threads & posts that contain photos that show different mounting methods. Mainly you will see tuners that are threaded on the barrel and tuners that clamp on the barrel. Both have advantages and tuner users will argue their favorite method.

IMO, the tuner discussion is just starting. It is nice now that both the IBS and NBRSA allow a generally common tuner.

There are also two major camps of tuner application and tuner weight. Some suggest a light weight tuner, say 3 ounces to 6 ounces, and tune each day of each significant change in environmental condition, mainly Density Altitude.

Then there is the camp that argues that the tuner should be heavy, generally 10 ounces or more, and tune one time to bring the barrel into a manageable frequency. This is the set-and forget crowd.

I'll bet that this time year after next that same argument will still be going on. The reason I say this is that tuners have such a broad range of effect and application.

I have shot light tuners and heavy tuners and they both work as to tuning the gun to shoot.

fredrick said:
---fredrick
PS --my first post

PPS welcone to the discussion.

Back