High-Precision Electric Powder Scale

G

gn1000

;)I recieved my new scales today. Gempro-250 from uniquetek.com. It reads in g,oz,ozt,dwt,gn,ct. I used it to weigh 200 cases. I used my RCBS scales first and i was off by .5 gn in a row of 10. The new scale weighs in hundreths of a gn. I weighed the brass with the new scale after warming up for 1 hour. I checked the calibration after weighing every 5 brass and the most it drifted was .02 gn on all 200 cases . What i was looking for was a scale that was precision and i could afford to buy. If you are looking for a set of scales at the right price check out http:www.uniquetek.com item # T1251
Gary:D

I did another 200 brass today and got the same results as in the first test.I am very pleased with this scale precision and price. It comes with a 30 year warranty. They also test each unit before shipping and send the results from the test with the scale.The only thing that i have found bad is the powder pan. It is to small for me. Hard to pick up so i replaced it with mine. It comes with a hard case and runs on batteries or AC. It has a built in level and all 4 feet are adjustable. If you want anymore info let me know.
Gary

Attachments

• Scale.jpg
    Scale.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 478
Last edited by a moderator:
gn1000

Gary
Who manufactures the scale? I just checked out the website and I see it has a 771 grain limit on it.I like to weigh my fully loaded ammo and would like one with more capacity if possible.
Lynn

Lynn

The scales are made by My Weigh, www.myweigh.com Look under Pocket and Mini Scales. They make a GemPro-500 with a 1543.25 gn capacity. It's accuracy is .05 gn. I am trying to get in touch with UniqueTek to see if they can have the same mods put in that model as they do in the 250.

Gary

From my experience I would not recommend these - maybe with electronic scales it is a case of you get what you pay for. I had my Gem-Pro 250 replaced TWICE because the readings were drifting or just plain wrong. I gave up eventually. I wanted a scale to take with me to shoots - have ended up getting a small Redding balance beam type - slower but much more dependable.

Alan

Alan

When did you get your scales and how long before you started having problems with them. UniqueTek worked with My Weigh to come up with this scale. It is not the same scale that you would buy from any one else but UniqueTek. It is a modified model 250. I will keep a close eye on it to see if i have the same problems you had. You can call UniqueTek and ask them about the mods done to the scale before they would accept it.

Gary

Alan

When did you get your scales and how long before you started having problems with them. UniqueTek worked with My Weigh to come up with this scale. It is not the same scale that you would buy from any one else but UniqueTek. It is a modified model 250. I will keep a close eye on it to see if i have the same problems you had. You can call UniqueTek and ask them about the mods done to the scale before they would accept it.

Gary

Gary,

I bought the GemPro from balances.com then dealt with My Weigh for the warranty returns.The first one was drifting (noticed immediately), second one wouldn't even complete the calibration sequence, 3rd one was drifting again. They seemed to have different tolerances of power supply. One would run on batteries only, another only on AC adaptor. I got the impression from My Weigh that the failure rate is high. I have used two different RCBS Chargemasters and they worked well. I have a Sartorius electro-mechanical which is very reliable and accurate, but not portable, so thought a cheap electronic might be good for travelling - there are some things you can buy cheap, and others you shouldn't. IMHO electronic scales is in the latter category;).

Alan

Lynn

I talked to UniqueTek today and Lee said that the only scale they had worked with My Weigh on was the GemPro-250 and could not say anything about any other model.

I will be using my scales a lot in the days to come. If i have any problems of any kind i will post it.

Gary

Scale

Still using the same scale today, Still works like it did in 2008. I know a lot of shooters using these scales and shooting great at 1000 yards. They have a lot of new products check them out.

Gary

http://www.uniquetek.com/

and fx120I

best scale for the price anywhere, weighs to the individual kernel, about 450 bucks canadian cambridge environmental sells them and ships to the US of A

read the reviews, you will not be disappointed

Jefferson

There are plenty of scales out there that are more than accurate enough for powder measure. But pure accuracy, under ideal conditions, does not usually add up to a practical/reliable reloading scale.
Maybe the Gempro does, I don't know.

I used an Acculab for a while to validate my ChargeMaster (w/mods). It could measure below single kernels, but planetary alignment was required to get there with any confidence..
Once I went through all the trouble and validated my Chargemaster & method to single kernels, I unloaded that Acculab. It had served it's purpose, it was good for that,, good riddance!

It's kinda like scopes. There are plenty with super glass(like Swarovski), but plenty of them are in no way practical/reliable where the rubber actually hits the road.

Function in the hands of the user, for whatever reason, still matters most.
So a question appropriate here is; can reloaders actually bench operate a Gempro to it's potential?

Last edited:
Back