Help when you need it the most.

A

abintx

Whenever you see a red line under the word you've just typed, the program is telling you that you've just misspelled the word. Some may care and some may not.

If you do, here's a site that provides a quick and easy way to eliminate the red line and misspellings: http://dictionary.reference.com/ :cool:

It's easy to get to if you place a two letter symbol such as DI on the top of your screen. There's also a Thesaurus if you're looking for a similar or opposite meaning word, and other neat tools.

Based on what I often see, I would venture a guess that some folks would jump at an opportunity to eliminate the red lines if given an easy way of doing it. This is it: http://dictionary.reference.com/ :cool:

Copy the word with the red line under it, paste it in the "search dictionary" or long white block at the top of the page, then hit enter. Copy the correction, then go back and paste it in your sentence.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Right click on the word with the red line and left click on the correct one in the pop up list and it will insert the correctly spelled word.

It's still not going to like rimfire or centerfire as well as many other correctly spelled words.

Right click on the word with the red line and left click on the correct one in the pop up list and it will insert the correctly spelled word.

That's even easier. I knew there had to be another way. The secret is now exposed. Thanks! :)

thank you daddy

I'm guessing I'm one of the "you" you're preaching to. If I'm not, I want to be

(gee, I've really missed The Grammar P'lice!)
al

It's still not going to like rimfire or centerfire as well as many other correctly spelled words.

I do not about the spell-check dictionary here, but all the other ones I work around can be taught. If your word (correctly spelled) is not there, tell it to accept this spelling and it should learn.

thank you daddy

I'm guessing I'm one of the "you" you're preaching to. If I'm not, I want to be

(gee, I've really missed The Grammar P'lice!)
al

No doubt, composed during another one of your typical brain seizures. Hope you're OK now. Have a Merry Christmas. :)

Back