Grizzly raises price as of this morning. on 4003G

D

DOUG DOTY

I spent quite a bit of time sorting through lathe options in the last week or so and had decided to check availability on the 4003G when Griz. opened this morning only to to find out the price is now $2795.00 in stead of $2695.00 Just goes to show education is expensive..........

Last edited by a moderator:
...the price is now $2795.00 in stead of $2695.00 Just goes to shop education is expensive..........

I got a new catalog last week and saw the price increase. It's only $100. Percentage wise that's not much of an increase. Thankfully the dollar isn't loosing as much in relation to the yuan as compared to the euro etc.

Supply & Demand.

Business as usual :), although a $100.00 increase isn’t that bad, that's only an increase of 3.7%

According to the boss the printed price is good for the year. Get one if its what you want. I did.

Shiraz Balolia started the run on this board, I think he'll hold the price for you.

At least I THINK that's what lilguy is saying ;)

LOL

al

Is he around or off on vacation at this time. I think I saw that on here somewhere. It is just a hundred bucks but when it hits you overnight it seems like a $100.00 per day at first. Maybe he will chime in here and seal a deal.

Doug Doty

The back order thing is interesting, I was told they were not in stock in all locations but more would be available in Feb. also. However the lady put me in a mock order to see where mine would come from and there was one available to ship in my area. Kinda wierd as I can get one shipped but you can't. Did not seem altogether fair but appeared inflexible, probably has to do with quoting fixed shipping.

Doug...

I am in the process of selling my Enco 9x20 lathe (hopefully this weekend, several interested) Dang, I was going to order the Grizzly this Friday. Its only a hundred but it is a hundred when you also need tools. I was going to save by picking it up in Bellingham.
Rick Graham of Graham flags said he thought the prices might go up and sure enough they did. I hate it when he's rights.:rolleyes:

Man...

...I just got home and the DVD has arrived. Yay!
Am really thinking hard about 4003G.
:D:D:D

Is he around or off on vacation at this time. I think I saw that on here somewhere. It is just a hundred bucks but when it hits you overnight it seems like a $100.00 per day at first. Maybe he will chime in here and seal a deal.

Doug Doty

The price went up because we got hit with a price increase mid year 2007. Then, to our surprise, we got another price increase notice from the factory this week, effective right away, so we are behind the ball on the pricing already this year.
What is causing all the price increases? The cost of raw materials is the major culprit. Cast iron alone went up about 35% last year as well as copper, aluminum etc.. The other increases are coming from the currency (the Chinese currency increasing in value against the US dollar). This was about 6% in 2007 and expected to gain another 6% this year.
All things being equal, the $2795.00 price on the G4003G lathe is a screaming deal considering how much machine you get. Having said that, and shooters being close to my heart, I will honor the old price for anyone that buys one by tomorrow - Friday, January 4th, 2008. Sorry - cannot give extensions as our costs had already gone up mid year last year and we absorbed them. For those that bought one at the new price this week, we'll give you the difference back or you can order accessories for that amount.
Thanks.

SB

You are really something. Thanks for the video. For those on the fence get going on the order. What else do you want him to do, hold your hand while you dial the phone? :D

I just bought one last month based alot of different reasons but he just gave everyone the best reason to buy one, giddy up guys!!!

That offer is uncharistically above and beyond. I will call in the morning. Thanks, and you will get it back in the long run.

Doug Doty...

Shiraz, I was going to order today anyway but wow what a totally unexpected surprize. I just phoned Kathy with my order this morning. You clarified why the increase which is minimual to actual increases. You have gone far beyond business since to support your friends in the shooting world.
I for one THANK YOU.

How is the rail system working for you made by Mac?

Bob Boldman
Edmonds, WA
bob@boldman.com

Hey, I wanna' know about the "universal rail" too :)..... SHARE Shiraz???

BTW,

Kudo's on your business ethic. Like some others here I am reticent to wholly support the ChiCom or World Market but you've really done us a service, I'm wit' lilguy...............get 'er DONE guys!!! You need someone to dial for you?? :D This AIN'T your everyday "White Van Speaker Sale" scam, it's the real deal!

al

Hey, I wanna' know about the "universal rail" too :)..... SHARE Shiraz???
al

AL
- Dang, no secrets on this board!

I had a rail system built for me by Mac McCluskey for testing loads. Essentially, it is a modified railgun (without the gun) that accepts large pinned v-blocks for specific actions (imagine an 8" long rectangular aluminum block with a V machined in the middle and slotted for the recoil lug). That way I can take out a barrelled action from one of my guns, bolt it to this aluminum block made for that action and then bolt that block to the top of the rail system. I can then test loads removing the human element from the process. Once everything is bolted together, works like a railgun. I have guns with BAT, Panda and Nesika actions, so wanted something that could be universal. Mac made me a couple of blocks and I made a couple. The beauty of this thing is that I can add any make of action by simply making an appropriate aluminum block for it.

BOB - The rail system works great. It does not like the 7mm, but has worked very well for the 6.5 calibers that I have tested so far. The 7mm will just need a technique adjustment by me.
By the way, thank you for the business!

Shiraz,

Thank you again for the offer and I did in fact call Kathy and order my G4003G today. I ordered a list of accessories as well and will continue to be loyal to Griz for all of the things to come for the new lathe. as well as other shop equipment.

Supposed to ship out today from the Mo. whse. and arrive next week. I was amazed at how many of the little things I ordered along with it where in stock. Only one item not and it was due in to them Monday.

As soon as I get a chance to really evaluate the lathe I plan to order a Mill also.

Thanks Again,
Doug Doty
madison Indiana.

P.S. Did we sell a few Lathes today ???

Shiraz

I don't know if you had a chance to meet Jack McCann at the nationals. He has a similar rail setup. He bolts a Tubb rifle in it to do 600 yard load testing. He gets some pretty impressive groups out of it.

Jeff

Back