Great shooting USBR 50 yards

jerryg22

John Austen (Center22) shot the very first perfect 50 yard USBR score today at the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club, Davie, Florida!!!

50 yard entry – Shot 8-10-16
250-7x With a three card aggregate (also a club record) of 744-28X
XIII action, Muller 4 gr. barrel, Lidgard stock, BixNAndy trigger, March 50X scope, Eley Tenex ammo. Self smithed by John himself.
Clear sky. Wind 5-10mph

I gave it my best but only came up with a 738-25X aggregate.

Great shooting John.

perfect 250 081016.jpg

Last edited:
John Austen (Center22) shot the very first perfect 50 yard USBR score today at the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club, Davie, Florida!!!

50 yard entry – Shot 8-10-16
250-7x With a three card aggregate (also a club record) of 744-28X
XIII action, Muller 4 gr. barrel, Lidgard stock, BixNAndy trigger, March 50X scope, Eley Tenex ammo. Self smithed by John himself.
Clear sky. Wind 5-10mph

I gave it my best but only came up with a 738-25X aggregate.

Great shooting John.

View attachment 18182

Congrats on a great target and agg. John that is getting it done.
TKH

Raising the bar

Great shooting John. You keep raising the bar and pushing the rest of us into shooting better.

See you in the fall.

Larry

Way Ta Go John!

Dern good shootin. I have some of those targets around. Think I will try one sometime but the way I've been shootin lately, I do not have high expectations. They expanded our firing line and added a new cover. That has seemed to make our range very finicky now and I have yet to learn to read the changes.

Great Shooting!

Pete

Tumbling Dice

JerryG, TKH, Landy, LarryH, Wilbur and Pete, thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

Pete,
I recently pillar bedded a beautiful new laminated Lidgard stock to this XIII rifle. I could not resist this stock when I noticed it for sale (at a bargain price) from a private individual at the R.R. Barn in March. Right now this rifle appears to be shooting more consistently that my newer X3L action rifle, which is set up almost identical. But ... things can change quickly in this game ... for whatever reason. That's why I named the rifle "Tumbling Dice" because every match or month is like a crap shoot! John

Last edited:
Congratulations John...that is some awesome shooting....and I bet it is even more a Awesome feeling having built the gun yourself...:)

Don

Congratulations John. We shoot usbr at our shoots. Just recently we had our first 250. You are in elite company.

JerryG, TKH, Landy, LarryH, Wilbur and Pete, thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

Pete,
I recently pillar bedded a beautiful new laminated Lidgard stock to this XIII rifle. I could not resist this stock when I noticed it for sale (at a bargain price) from a private individual at the R.R. Barn in March. Right now this rifle appears to be shooting more consistently that my newer X3L action rifle, which is set up almost identical. But ... things can change quickly in this game ... for whatever reason. That's why I named the rifle "Tumbling Dice" because every match or month is like a crap shoot! John

Re the lug thing; I have seen several 1 lug Anschutz actions that shoot as well as anything else so - - - - -. But I understand. So, it may be platforms that are the importance?

Pete

Re the lug thing; I have seen several 1 lug Anschutz actions that shoot as well as anything else so - - - - -. But I understand. So, it may be platforms that are the importance?

Pete

I purchased a 3 lug "X3L" action, as did many others, and it is a good action. But, IMHO the "XIII" two lug action is every bit as accurate, as long as both mating surfaces on the lugs make 100% contact with the receiver, when the bolt is closed and a live round in the chamber. Others may have a different opinion on this issue.

Back